Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I got a call from the hospital they there was a cancellation so they bumped me from 4pm to 1pm ! On my way, almost there. Strangely I'm not nervous one bit lol Just listening to the white buffalo in the car and totally chilling :) Good Luck to everyone else getting sleeved today!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Hope you had a good day. Plz keep us posted on your post op journey. ????

Awesome! I had my final pre-op visit today for my May 29 surgery. I have not been nervous at all and have been quite excited, but I think today bummed me out a little. I guess it was the combination of (1) learning I'd been moved from 1:30 pm to 7:30 am, which entails a 5:30 am arrival at the hospital, (2) the fact that I start the liquid diet on Friday, (3) the requisite "let's go through all the things that can go wrong" talk, and the (4) "Yeah, you'll feel pretty cruddy for the first day or two!" I'm sure I'll get over it, but I was surprised to find myself so ambivalent today. Hopefully you'll be able to report back from the other side and let us know how it all went!

Good luck. That's fantastic you're not nervous.

Thanks, I was surprised, kept waiting and waiting for the nerves to kick in but it never happened :)

Awesome! I had my final pre-op visit today for my May 29 surgery. I have not been nervous at all and have been quite excited, but I think today bummed me out a little. I guess it was the combination of (1) learning I'd been moved from 1:30 pm to 7:30 am, which entails a 5:30 am arrival at the hospital, (2) the fact that I start the liquid diet on Friday, (3) the requisite "let's go through all the things that can go wrong" talk, and the (4) "Yeah, you'll feel pretty cruddy for the first day or two!" I'm sure I'll get over it, but I was surprised to find myself so ambivalent today. Hopefully you'll be able to report back from the other side and let us know how it all went!

I Know whst you mean, it's like we know they have to tell us the risks but when one is trying to stay positive you don't want to hear that

Update #1 I am now 1 day post-op, and feeling pretty good. I got here at 12pm yesterday, UCLA hospital and had complete confidence in my Dr, which I am sure is why I wasn't nervous. I got checked in fairly quick and spoke with my Dr, anesthesiologist, and nurses and was prepped for surgery by about 130pm. I was wheeled in, my anesthesiologist, gave me some anesthesia by IV, then put a mask on me and told me to take deep breathes, and Literally the next thing I remember is walking up in recovery. I was in recovery for quite some time, as I felt very nauseas, and was in quite a bit of pain. Id say that's been the worst, but I got lots of pain meds, knocked out and woke up up feeling a lot better, not trying to scare anyone, everybody responds different. Had a pretty restless night, due to having to get up and walk every 4 hours, which came pretty easy for me. Then I got hiccups, those darn hiccups hurt, but didn't last to long. I wasnt allowed any liquids yesterday, I was just brought Water, broth and Jello, got 60 cc's down, goin in for a little more. Will update again later :)

M.E.Flores glad to hear your feeling better today. Sounds like a rough one yesterday tho. Glad it went quickly too. Hate waiting! Lol. Keep us posted on your wls journey plz

Well I got a call from the hospital they there was a cancellation so they bumped me from 4pm to 1pm ! On my way, almost there. Strangely I'm not nervous one bit lol Just listening to the white buffalo in the car and totally chilling :) Good Luck to everyone else getting sleeved today!

Good luck wishing you great success.

Thanks all! Your support means so much!!

Update #2 It's just about 10 pm Cali time, just had another walk, I'd say the hardest thing is getting liquids in, I didn't realize how little our new stomachs can hold, I mean of course we go to the classes and they tell us how small it will be but attempting to drink is another story. I find it's easier to do ice chips rather than Water. broth I can usually just get in about 2-4 tablespoons at lunch and dinner, Jello has been hard, I usually can tolerate about 1 tablespoon, and ice chips about 2-4 tablespoons maybe 3 times a day it all varies. But not once have I vomitted Yay lol. Did have some nausea this morning when starting the liquids but just one dose of nausea meds and it was gone about 20 mins later and has yet to return (fingers crossed) the laparoscopic incisions I guess you could call them are quite small I have 4 and bandages will be changed tomorrow, should have no scarring, I can't rave about my Dr enough. Dr Chen at ucla, I feel so fortunate. Anyway going to rest a little and make another restroom trip ( sorry if that's TMI, but I had to use a catheter all day yesterday so not needing one is a small win! :) ) hope everyone else is doing well on whichever part of your journey you're on, we will get thru this!!

Thank you for sharing your story and including the updates. I'm pleased to hear you're doing well. I'm not nervous about the procedure either, I have complete faith in the bariatric team I have been working with. My nerves are about what my own personal pain will be like - you know, will it be as I'm expecting? I guess I will know on Thursday.

Great to hear! Plz keep us posted on your post op journey. Can't wait until I have mine. August seems so far away.

Hi guys! So I have Update # 3 coming.

I am now 3 days post op, came home yesterday afternoon, so I was in the hospital 2 nights and 2 1/2 days total. I'm feeling better and better each day. Being at home does help to boost your overall wellness. Still no nausea, main problem has been gas pain, which comes and goes, so I'm trying to walk as much as possible. Last night was a little sleepless, you get used to that adjustable firm bed in the hospital and my I usually love soft comfy beds, so my bed at home is a memory foam, but need more back support since surgery. So I am going to get a foam wedge for support I feel that will be a huge difference! I have been able to manage my pain with meds. And have been doing a little better getting my liquids in. It is still tough, my doc wants me to get in 60 oz a day so as not to dehydrate. I weighed myself yesterday when I got home just to see and I weighed the same, due to all the IV liquids, hands and feet were a little swollen as well. (I lost 12 pounds preop) decided to weigh in again today and I'm down 4 lbs so far. :) I'm not obsessing over the scale but I do want to keep an eye on progress of course. Hope everyone else is well! Will update again soon ✌????️