Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apologies. Not returning. Mea Culpa. Breast beaten.

Without realising it, I replied to a topic under the Recent Topics List (about clothing) having no idea it was on a Men Only Board. Today, again under the Recent Topics, a thread has appeared saying that women are not respecting men's privacy and are daring to post on the Guys' Room.

Please don't assume I, or any other poster is deliberately infringing your privacy or trying to find your manly secrets!!! When you open a Recent Threads topic, it goes straight to the thread and the "Women Keep Out" post does not show.

Because of the timing, I can't believe the thread showing concern about breaching your privacy wasn't a response to my accidental post!

Don't worry, boys. Your secrets are safe. I haven't read any of your threads. Will double check the source of posts before daring to answer anything. But if you don't want women to read your posts, maybe you should ask the administrators to make sure they don't appear in Recent Topics,

Edited by KateP

I have made the same mistake since it shows up as a recent post and often the topics are general advice. I find it annoying we have these rules and doubly so that people get their panties in a twist when you accidently reply to someone asking for advice...

I have made the same mistake since it shows up as a recent post and often the topics are general advice. I find it annoying we have these rules and doubly so that people get their panties in a twist when you accidently reply to someone asking for advice...

Yes, I understand why a men's board is needed. The other boards do tend to be female dominated and there are some who don't feel they can open up in a general board.

But I think a lot of people are like me. I never go direct to any board, I just open Recent Topics. So I have no idea where the thread originated. OK, I will check from now on! But it never incurred to me before that there even WAS a men's board.

And now, of course, as I posted this on the Guys's Room, we have a whole thread with female posters on the men's board! SORRY, GUYS

@@KateP I navigate the same way and in fact didnt notice this was in that forum. I moved it so you are good.

Guest nickyv35

My post was intended to promote some change in etiquette. Instead I get a derisive remark like having my "panties in a twist." It has nothing to do with men's secrets and more to do with courtesy and following the forums guidelines. Which apparently fell on deaf ears.

My post was intended to promote some change in etiquette. Instead I get a derisive remark like having my "panties in a twist." It has nothing to do with men's secrets and more to do with courtesy and following the forums guidelines. Which apparently fell on deaf ears.

No, it didn't fall on deaf ears. I actually accepted the need for a men's board; I personally am not worried by gender issues, but I accept some are. My point was that I simply DID NOT KNOW it was a men only board and there should be some way of telling from the post itself,

It seems unfair to accuse people posting totally inadvertently of failing to respect board etiquette!

Edited by KateP

Guest nickyv35

Now who is getting their "panties in a twist?" I've read plenty of the posts in the Guys Room and many clearly knew what forum they were in. So you should take your own advice on accusing people.

No, it didn't fall on deaf ears. I actually accepted the need for a men's board; I personally am not worried by gender issues, but I accept some are. My point was that I simply DID NOT KNOW it was a men only board and there should be some way of telling from the post itself,

It seems unfair to accuse people posting totally inadvertently of failing to respect board etiquette!

@ I apologise for trying to a) say I understood and B) trying to say there might be a solution.

Guest nickyv35

Fake apology not taken. Don't worry about seeing me on this forum anymore. I've asked the admin to delete my account. So congratulations. I've found plenty of other websites more useful than these boards.

Oops. To anyone reading this! Sorry if I have chased off a valued member! It as meant as a genuine apology but maybe the person (forget the name) who was determined to be insulted was justified to say it was a fake apology because I have nothing whatsoever for which to apologise.

Wow! Really? I assumed the majority of people on here are adults. Honest mistakes were made, public apologies are offered and 5th grade behavior is the response. Not cool, unecessary and inappropriate.

The forums are for support. If a person posts in the wrong area it is generally over looked or politely asked to be removed.

If you feel you can't get support on these forums then by all means there are other websites out there. If however, you can act like a mature adult you will find the support on here invaluable.

Fake apology not taken. Don't worry about seeing me on this forum anymore. I've asked the admin to delete my account. So congratulations. I've found plenty of other websites more useful than these boards.

@@ShellMilliner good! Glad not just me feeling a bit confused as to what was wrong!!!!!

I think if someone openly apologizes, as the OP did, it should be accepted in the spirit it was given. If instead it is greeted with distrust and ultimately quitting the forum, then perhaps the person leaving is right - this isn't the right place for you to be.

Guest nickyv35

As I said, fake apologies, as is even more evident now, not accepted. At this point, it is more like a gaggle of harassing ladies. I didn't e-mail any of you about having "panties in bunch," nor did I go on some superiority rant about look at me I'm better then the last poster. But the more I answer back, the more obvious it is you are acting like trolls and enjoying the attention. So yes, it is good that I am waiting for the Admin to delete my account.