Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out /not feeling full

band to gastric/ 4 weeks out .. Don't feel full/ never had dumping / vomiting... I almost feel like I'm on my own with This sleeve... At least I had the band to stop -well some foods although it wasn't working anymore after 9 yrs....

You say the stomach nerves are not healed but the only nerves I'm aware of in the stomach are the Constrict/ reconstrict muscles to pass the food thru!!!

Not to mention when I post I can never find my post or any replies!!! Don't understand this site.. Just really bummed today!!!

It may be that you're not healed, like you mentioned. I hate to say it but it also may be that you're like me. I had the sleeve 11 months ago and I very rarely ever feel the restriction so many talk about. Don't get me wrong, I can't eat the massive amounts of food I used to eat, but I don't feel restriction as it's described by so many people. I have to rely on weighing and measuring and making myself stop when I've had my allotted amount.

I hate to be Debbie Downer by saying that and I hope it's not the case for you, but I'd love to have restriction. I didn't have it right after surgery and I don't have it now.

Edited by une nouvelle vie

Same here, no restriction. The only way I know I'm full is when I am extremely uncomfortable, then I am too full. I try to stop before that. Measuring is a good idea, try it and see if it helps. My problem with measuring is the density of the food, so it doesn't always work for me. And it is so odd, sometimes I KNOW I'm hungry, but after 2-3 bites, that's IT. Or it might be a cup. I can never tell until I am eating, then I just have to sense it, if that makes sense. I try to eat on my plan (2-3-2: eat within 2 hours of waking, eat every 3 hours, eat within 2 hours of going to bed), to keep on track. I am almost 6 months out, and I think this is just the way it is always going to be for me. Still happy with my choice, though!!!!

See this scares me, Ive been feeling overwhelmed for quite a bit for the same reason. Im only three weeks out. I haven't had pain or vomiting or nothing. Im healed on the outside, but I just want a peek inside to see what the heck it going on. Sometimes, I eat 4-5 oz until feeling full. I get my Protein in and Water and I eat small amounts often. But I still don't feel the restriction. I only get the overfull feeling or when I drink and I feel that food is stuck in my esophagus-then I stop. I wish I had a more restricted feeling. Only meats get me there faster, maybe its the soft foods.

band to gastric/ 4 weeks out .. Don't feel full/ never had dumping / vomiting... I almost feel like I'm on my own with This sleeve... At least I had the band to stop -well some foods although it wasn't working anymore after 9 yrs....

You say the stomach nerves are not healed but the only nerves I'm aware of in the stomach are the Constrict/ reconstrict muscles to pass the food thru!!!

Not to mention when I post I can never find my post or any replies!!! Don't understand this site.. Just really bummed today!!!

I know what you mean... I think I was hoping there would be something that completely prevented me from eating! But I haven't been sick yet at all. I think for some people, that "full point" is more subtle. Mine (I finally realized) is more like the feeling of heartburn. Sadly, I'm realizing that I will still have to control my eating and work through my old thoughts and behaviors toward food. Keeping a journal has helped.