Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 months post op and I was wondering how everyone is doing?

What do you do to stay positive during the dreaded (but normal) weight stalls?

I am very happy with my progress this far :)

Hw 264, sw: 243, cw: 173.4

That's fantastic for 5 months!!!!!

For me Hw 264 sw cw 205. 7 1/2 months post op.

I get through the stalls one day at a time. I've learned my body and how I feel when I'm in a stall. I just stay away from the scale in days I feel I haven't lost. My body feels different when I start losing again. I have found I will lose really big one week and really slow a few weeks then stall. My longest stall so far was almost a month.

The stalls suck but for me they are mainly due to reduced exercise. I was stalled for about a month and then after 3 days of strenuous work I dropped 5 lbs.

Overall, I'm down 89 lbs in less than 6 months so I can't complain! (And I feel better than I have in years.)

Congrats on your progress so far!! :)

I'm not sure if you would consider 7 days a stall but that is the longest I have gone without losing since I have started this journey. Just this past week I went Monday to Monday with no loss, got up this morning.....BOOM two pounds. I was so happy!!

I have no giant word of wisdom, I just keep doing what I have been doing. After my 6 month check up doc told me that my weight loss would slow down, so I have accepted that. I have my ventral hernia surgery scheduled for June 5th and I am hoping when they remove Herman he ends up weighing about ten pounds. LOL OK I know he doesn't but it would be nice.

I've been in a "stall" for over a month now. It's tough, but I'm trying to stay positive. Rather than think about the numbers and the slow loss, I'm just trying to focus on living my new life. I bought a whole bunch of new dresses while I was on vacation last week, went swimming in public for the first time in like 15 years, got to ride a bunch of roller coasters I couldn't fit on last year, running in a 5k race on Saturday, and I'm trying to get back into a normal food/exercise routine now that I'm back home. I'm really just loving life so much right now that I think I'd still be happy if I didn't lose another pound. But, I do want to eventually make it to my nutritionist's goal of 165 at least, so I will keep working at it.

I know all about the weight stall !! I thought i was the only one until, I read your post so thank you !!

It took me forever to get under 200 !!! But, when i would become discouraged I would just say to myself

I am only a few pounds until, i get under 200. In other words, i've lost alot of pounds and a stall is no

problem. Happy so far. You know eventually you will lose weight because, you are eating less food.

Hit my 5 month anniversary date last week. (Surgery was 12/17). Anyway, today (wednesday) is my weigh-in day and I'm proud to say that I have hit 100 lbs lost since surgery! (A little over!) It was a big week for me... I lost 6 lbs. I thought those days were over. I'm losing closer to 2-3 lbs most weeks now. Well, maybe for 2-3 weeks in a row and then out of nowhere I will have a 5-7 lb loss one week. Then back to slower (comparatively) loss. I haven't really hit a stall. I've had one or maybe TWO weeks (in all, not consecutive) where I didn't lose, but that's not a stall, lol. I agree that how fast I lose depends on my exercise/activity level. I definitely feel 100% in control of that. For now at least. I'm sure that will change. My overall loss from my highest weight (on 10/1/2014) is now 170.8. I feel really great!

Hope all the other December folks are doing well!

@@heynowkc Huge congrats! That is amazing! Sounds like you are in a groove and know exactly what you need to be doing to lose steadily.

Please someone tell me what calories you are consuming . I've only lost 55 lbs since 12/12/14 and that includes my preop weight loss????

Wow some great numbers out there! My hw was 300 sw was 243 and cw is 281. I just keep reminding myself how far i have come and look at the before pics! Also i find when i have a couple weeks where i don't lose pounds i lose inches and have clothes get looser as it all reshapes. I was averaging about 900 calories a day and now i am trying to be closer to 1100. But just had gallbladder surgery and i am being treated for gerd so back down to 700 to 800 again while the adjusts....

Sleeved 12/18/14. SW 261. CW 211. Some ups and down but feel pretty good.

Sleeved 12/9/14. Recovery was much easier than expected. And weight loss has also been much slower than expected. ????. My HW was 235, CW is 191. I'm only 5'2", and my Dr warned me that he's often seen us shorter girls lose at a slower rate....which seems he's exactly right! Ugh! Had the worst 2 month stall, but thankfully I'm losing give or take 2/3lbs a week now. It's still been super frustrating! I understand this surgery wasn't meant to "fix" things, but it's really been a lot more difficult than I imagined. My body is soooo resistant....ugh!!

Trying to stay positive.....I know I'll reach my goal, it's just going to take longer than anticipated. ????????