Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's all i think about

So i have only got as far as setting my first appt up and all but this has consumed me its all i think about ever since i have decided to do this i can see myself buying smaller clothes getting on a roller coaster running with my daughter i want this so bad has anyone been like this i cant spend the next 6 or 7 months doing this lol

That's okay! We've all obsessed about it. I suggest you take the time pre op to cram as much information about the surgery as you possibly can by reading articles, this forum, anything you can get your hands on! That way you can be as prepared as you possibly can for the new changes that will be coming your way. A great book I would suggest (Besides Alex Brecher's Big Book of Gastric Sleeve of course!) is The Emotional First Aid Kit by Cynthia Alexander. It's all about the emotional aspects of having the surgery that, quite frankly, took me by surprise.

After all, they only do surgery on your stomach, not your brain.

@Babbs@nic_89

Amen to Babbs. Enjoy the research. The funny thing is even a year out I'm learning new things. I'm so excited for you.

I too have been in research overload ever since I decided to pursue this surgery! I have Kaiser and have attended a wls overview, which is the first of many hoops to jump through. It's amazing the amount of information out there!

Me too im glad im not alone

Its funny because I thought that I was the only one obsessing about having this surgery. I too have imagined myself buying smaller clothes, walking/running or even climbing steps without being winded, and amusement park rides...Its scary because as soon as those thoughts pop up it seems like the little devil on my shoulder starts taunting me with worries about not getting approved through insurance or the surgery not working for me. Since I made this decision I have researched, researched and researched some more. I've actually been able to tell some of my coworkers who have had this surgery things. Every time I get a call from the Surgeons office regarding another step in this process, I get excited and can't wait to get to my computer to research the new step. (I've already had my Psych eval and the second of the three required classes at my surgeons office is scheduled. My one and only Nut appointment is this coming Wednesday and my Endoscopy will be sometime next month.) Its a long road to surgery and its nerve wracking and scary....

Thankfully, we have this message board and all the wonderful people here to lean on and help us along our journey. I wish you luck in you journey!

Rhonda :)

So i have only got as far as setting my first appt up and all but this has consumed me its all i think about ever since i have decided to do this i can see myself buying smaller clothes getting on a roller coaster running with my daughter i want this so bad has anyone been like this i cant spend the next 6 or 7 months doing this lol

This is me exactly!! It's nice to have such hope

You are not alone. My surgery was last June and I remember clearly how thinking about my surgery consumed me too. I used that time to do lots of research, stalk this forum, and begin to make slow changes to my diet and life style. I also made a list of goals- some weight related and many not.

It is such a fun exciting journey and your turn will be here before you know it. Good luck!!

It's all I think about too. Already started myself on one Protein Drink a day, and tons of Water. I Only 1 glass of pop a day now. Mine isn't until August, but being very involved with these things. I hope u don't drive my family crazy before surgery, because it's my whole way if thinking already. Even scrutinize everything I'm eating already to prepare. Just from not drinking tons if pop the past 10 days, losing weight. But they go on my first weigh in for surgery. Lots of luck to all!

I'm so glad I am not alone! I am a researcher by nature. Once I actually knew about the surgery as an option I began researching full on. I don't want to do something uninformed. I am waiting on insurance approval now. I think I finally got my PCP's office to send all the information they need. I'm ready. I'm excited.

I bought a Tervis cup this weekend to train myself to sip and not use a straw. That and slowing down my eating are going to be challenges for me. I drink a ton if Water now but I can finish a bottle in just a few minutes now. I know that won't be possible later.

I also found these awesome wrap skirts that will still fit as I'm transitioning to smaller clothes. I was sort of mourning my lovely skirts that fit me now but since I found these I'm ready to purge my wardrobe now!

Hi all..

i am in this catagory too. I am consumed by the fact my surgery is in 30 days. Yep 30 days. i am self pay in Mexico with Dr. Zavalza so I didnt have the 6 month wait that I have seen on here...but it has been 3 months since I chose to do this. My biggest thing is stalking forums...lol even some Facebook groups that I been added too.

It goes over and over in my mind. I am trying to stay focused on how hard it is going to be right after when we are learning to eat. But I am still keeping on eyes on the big prize.

So excited for everyone...good luck and stay strong..

1st time poster here:Wow! I'm NOT alone!!! I too have been stalking this forum, reading, studying and trying to learn everything I can. Mentally i've already started planning my pre op and post op diet, how to get all my Proteins, researching shakes, supplements, exercises I can do to tighten up and get fit.

I have a few hurdles to cross before I have surgery like stop smoking (my self imposed quit date is by July 1) and drinking at least 8 glasses of Water a day instead of Pepsi is by August 1). I know these may sound minor to others but these are "Biggies" for me!!! I'm actually more afraid of these two hurdles than I am of surgery!!!

Sadly, I will have to wait until October at the earliest to have my surgery. My insurance year starts Oct 1 and i'm pretty sure surgery and all the pre op stuff will more than meet my deductible so every medical service after that for 12 month will be covered 100% (yeah, i'mma penny pincher. I work hard for my money so I have to maximize every dime). I plan to attend seminars for two different practices in June before I decide which surgeon I will use. My insurance only requires a BMI over 40 and a psych eval, no diet or test. I work in an office sitting in front of a computer and talking on the phone so I hope to return to work about 10 days after surgery. I've shared my plan to have surgery with a few of my close friends, my husband and grown kids but that's all I plan to tell. Not that i'm ashamed, I just really don't care to entertain any negative comments, horror stories or be deterred from "doing this"!!!! Oh and when I told my family (none of them have ever had a weight problem), I made it very clear... that this was for their information only, they don't get a vote in this decision. I'm doing this for me, I'm doing this so I can start to live again. Whew! That's alot! sorry but i'm just so pumped up about doing this!!!