Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys I'm new here but I was sleeved on 5/13/15 and will start phase two full liquids tomorrow but feel like such an emotional wreck. I getting the what did I do feeling. Wife has been trying to help comfort but still it's just weird as a guy who never really cried before to start crying because you feel hungry but not actually hungry. I guess I'm just having a hard time taking it one moment at a time. I was 340 at heaviest two weeks prior to sleeve 318 on morning of vsg and 310 now. I know this is great but I'm still struggling. Just putting my honest self out there.

You are doing great! Emotional upheaval is quite normal on this ride. Actually, thirty pounds down is sort of a benchmark where you will notice the oddest things that feel better or looser or stranger. Once you are able to start soft foods you will mellow out a bit. Then when you can eat regular foods, zippity do dah - what a wonderful day.

My first regular food was a Wendy's chili on my way home from the bariatric center. It was the best meal I ever had in my klfe even though it took four days to eat it all. Hang in there, bariatric brother. This process gets better. Next May you will wonder where the year went.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I've never really been an emotional guy and up to today I wasn't but all of a sudden I could just sit and cry. I find a lot of help by reading through old forums on here and I'm still trying to convince myself I did the right thing even though I know I did. Once again thank you for making me not feel alone. It's truly does help knowing someone out there has been there and cares.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I've never really been an emotional guy and up to today I wasn't but all of a sudden I could just sit and cry. I find a lot of help by reading through old forums on here and I'm still trying to convince myself I did the right thing even though I know I did. Once again thank you for making me not feel alone. It's truly does help knowing someone out there has been there and cares.

I'm in the exact same spot as you off and on these last few days. I had Gastric Bypass May 5th, so just a few days bed you. At my heaviest I was 347. Pre-op diet I lost 16 and then first week post-op I lost 17, to a grand total of 33 list in 3 weeks. Our bodies have been through so much, and its hardcore frustratingly not easy at times. And as a guy we are taught not to cry about anything or not complain because we are guys. But F*#k that, we deserve to let go of all that got us fat in the first place. I think it pretty normal to mourn food for all that it meant to us. It was a friend, comfort and so many other things to me. And hell we had to give that up, and what do we have to replace it with now? Nothing yet really. I'm still to fat to go hiking or be more active like I want yet. But I know that day is on the horizon now. We've made the hardest step already, now we just see the pounds come off. Right? And it's so much more than how I've mentioned obviously. Good luck on your journey. Hit me up if you ever need a sounding board.

And sorry if I rambled or didn't quite make sense lol

Hang in there! I keep telling myself that I did not get to be this size overnight, so I will not be losing the weight overnight either.

I would try find some things to do to keep yourself busy. Watching TV is a disaster! There are too many food commercials on. Believe me...after the first few days it won't matter. I am not quite three weeks out and I am feeling great! Once I was able to add the Protein smoothie, I felt like a million bucks! It really fills you up and when you don't have it, you know it!

Good luck. Stay positive...this is a lifestyle change, so start making some changes. Plan a trip, take a walk, find a new hobby....watering the plants kept me busy the first few days. I would come in a nap, then get back to it.

Hang in there ;).. It is tough, no doubt about it, no way to sugar coat it and no way around it- I'm 6 days post op and doubting the entire thing today- why oh why couldn't I have just tried one more time with healthy eating and exercise?. All those kinds of thoughts and more are flooding my mind- my faith is sustaining me and I will pray for you too. I believe we will experience the beauty of the opportunity we have been given soon!

I also had a bit of an emotional day. I issue food. I was sleeved 5/12/15. I was 241 before surgery and am 229 today. I am on the full liquids diet as of today. I didn't expect to be so emotional about being mentally hungry. I know this will pass. This is just harder than I ever thought it'd be.

I also had a bit of an emotional day. I miss food. I was sleeved 5/12/15. I was 241 before surgery and am 229 today. I am on the full liquids diet as of today. I didn't expect to be so emotional about being mentally hungry. I know this will pass. This is just harder than I ever thought it'd be. I remember the first thing I said out loud after surgery is what did I do....I know the time will pass and I will be a healthier happier me in no time. We are entitled to some emotional days :)

In my packet of info from the hospital it actually says "you may feel you are on an emotional Rollercoaster"

It will get better, right now....don't look any farther then today. One day at a time. If you actually feel hungry it may be acid in the stomach, or head hunger. We go from eating whatever whenever to not eating at all. It's really hard, but let me tell you....it's worth it. You are going to be amazed at how good your going to feel. It was my 3rd week out when I noticed I felt pretty darn good. Pain subsided, started a little excercise. Then I hit the dreaded 3 week stall and got really down on myself. With the words of others I realised this was just time my body needed to play catch up. I'm 20 weeks out and down 80pounds. I feel like a new person, and soon you will too.

Just get through one day at a time (it's all that wacky stuff going on inside our bodies that makes up weepy)

Hey guys I'm new here but I was sleeved on 5/13/15 and will start phase two full liquids tomorrow but feel like such an emotional wreck. I getting the what did I do feeling. Wife has been trying to help comfort but still it's just weird as a guy who never really cried before to start crying because you feel hungry but not actually hungry. I guess I'm just having a hard time taking it one moment at a time. I was 340 at heaviest two weeks prior to sleeve 318 on morning of vsg and 310 now. I know this is great but I'm still struggling. Just putting my honest self out there.

My surgery was the 14 th so this is day 4 th for me... I cried like a baby last night... I felt hungry but I knew I couldn't... Is the head hunger is the stage of withdrawal that we gonna have to go through... Good luck buddy..

I also had a bit of an emotional day. I issue food. I was sleeved 5/12/15. I was 241 before surgery and am 229 today. I am on the full liquids diet as of today. I didn't expect to be so emotional about being mentally hungry. I know this will pass. This is just harder than I ever thought it'd be.

Yeah and we thought that the preop was the hardest... Posop is the the shit from me... ????

I'm right there with you. I was sleeved on the 13th. I have a good day then a bad day. Yesterday was a bad day. Had an incision start bleeding a little and seemed like everything I ate made me nauseous. Today I feel great! Only struggle today is I keep feeling like I'm hungry every couple of hours which I'm sure is all in my head. Also I haven't gotten in any Protein today because I can't hardly stomach the taste of the shakes all of a sudden.

Edited by rgr26

How are you feeling lately? I was sleeved on May 16.

My first week was like going through boot camp (hell week) all over again. I'm not being a smart butt when I say this, but I actually watched the travel channel and was watching Andrew Zimmer all week. I was seeing all the weird foods and other foods he was eating. It actually helped me to not want to eat. As weird as that sounds, it worked for me. I'm retired, so being at home with nothing do really put that burden on me. If you are in Christ, pray. If you not, nows a good time to just ask for some prayer and mercy to overcome a few more days buddy. Good luck.

I'm feeling a little better now. As the week has gone on each day has gotten better. Not to say there still wasn't it bad times but for the most part I'm over regretting my decision and looking forward to the happiness I will feel in smaller clothes. Lol. I had to start to take it easy as I thought I was doing so great with getting out and exercising yesterday I realized I may have overdid it in the heat and had to just sit rest and sip some Water for a bit. That has been the hardest. There still has been no pain or nausea but there sure has been some "what is that feeling" and trying to learn this new tummy and body. Thank you everybody for all your support. This group really knows how to show the love!!!