Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 1st Beliteweight Juarez, Mexico BMI 30

Hello, anyone going to be in Mexico with Dr Elmo Aramburo?

I'm a 44 y/o nurse with a low BMI (31) getting sleeved. Hopefully this will help my back and knee pain, high cholesterol, and self image.

Been battling for years and am excited for changes. The few people I have told have not been very supportive.

I really wish people were less judgmental as this is a personal choice. Some people get boob jobs, Lipo, etc for self image and no one says anything, and those procedures have no health benefits at all, but oh well

Not going to Mexico, but wanted to comment on your support issue. This forum is great for support and there are also support groups every where to help. I don't know where you live, but you can find them all around. I have told very few people and some don't understand why I want to do this. I just tell them I'm doing it for me to make me happy.

Hello, anyone going to be in Mexico with Dr Elmo Aramburo?

I'm a 44 y/o nurse with a low BMI (31) getting sleeved. Hopefully this will help my back and knee pain, high cholesterol, and self image.

Been battling for years and am excited for changes. The few people I have told have not been very supportive.

I really wish people were less judgmental as this is a personal choice. Some people get boob jobs, Lipo, etc for self image and no one says anything, and those procedures have no health benefits at all, but oh well

I had my band in 2004. I too am a nurse and a lot of the people I worked with were not supportive. You have to do what is right for you. I have never regretted having my surgery. The first ten years were great. My band slipped last year and now has to be removed and converted to a sleeve. I still am not sorry I had it done. I have my conversion on May 28th. I have only told my friends that have a band. I don't want to repeat the negative opinions this go around. We have to do what we feel is best for us. Don't let people make you second guess your decision. I was 244 lbs and lost to 137 lbs. there is no feeling in this world that can compare to that. Good luck.

People are very judgey!! I'm a nurse to my bmi also is 30. I'm not telling a soul im doing it! Didn't want to hear their crap! The only person that knows is my mom and she is going with me and having it done to!!! Good luck to you Hun don't worry about the haters! You do you! There is nothing wrong with wls even if lets say it's just cosmetic (it's not though it totally a healthy lifestyle change) like you said people get Lipo implants but implants etc to look better

Hello @@Nurse going to Mexico,

I am very similar in your stats, and I'm looking to book my surgery on late June.... I would like to know, Why did you decided to go with Dr. Aramburo?

Is that who you are going through too? I had heard about Dr Rod there, but he's off when I am available to have it done. They've been partners for years and people have mentioned him as being with Dr Rod. Have you heard anything?

My counselor there said he did her sisters sleeve and is great

??

I'm an RN as well. My co-workers know I'm having a sleeve, but not that I am going to Mexico I just couldn't stand hearing any more rude comments beyond what I was already told.

Hello,

My surgery is this coming Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

I will let you know how everything is going with the Dr and the facility.

Wish me luck

:)