Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 yrs post op visit, considering TT

Hey y'all! I had my 2 year check up with my surgeon (Dr T Borland in New Iberia, LA) and I feel like I'm doing well. Yay! Good weight loss & lots of energy!

I currently stand at 24.9% body fat, and I'm daily trying to improve that. Doc seemed pleased with my progress & suggested looking into a Tummy Tuck. I'd like to get under 20% body fat before my tummy tuck (hopefully some time next year). :)

I'm a little afraid to not get the results I want from the TT, but I know I'd be able to move around more easily after it's done. I'm tired of compression garments. Lol. I was hoping to be able to see muscle definition in my abdominals, but sadly I'm reading many articles that say it's unlikely. :(

It's a bit of a bummer, but I'm wanting plastics anyway (tummy tuck, old girls lifted, and new ones put in). So very exciting, but gotta save the $$$$.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well!!

XOXO,

Misty

post-175202-0-97762800-1431639598_thumb.jpg

You look very fit, and are super adorable! Check out that bicep!!!

Thank you @@liannatx !!! I truly enjoy my gymtime. ;)

Sounds like you've done great! Is there a recommended % body fat before Tummy Tuck or is it just your personal goal for yourself? I am in my early 50's and am now a healthy BMI, but I am 28-29% body fat (depending on what time of day it is, i.e., how hydrated I am). I don't have an "apron" of droopy skin, but there has been a little lip of droop (and puff) ever since I had twins at 40 and then a little bit more after I lost 55 lb after being sleeved in 2013. Even with a waist-slimming garment, I sometimes have to buy 12's to accommodate my waist (while everything else is calling for a 10).

Sounds like you've done great! Is there a recommended % body fat before Tummy Tuck or is it just your personal goal for yourself? I am in my early 50's and am now a healthy BMI, but I am 28-29% body fat (depending on what time of day it is, i.e., how hydrated I am). I don't have an "apron" of droopy skin, but there has been a little lip of droop (and puff) ever since I had twins at 40 and then a little bit more after I lost 55 lb after being sleeved in 2013. Even with a waist-slimming garment, I sometimes have to buy 12's to accommodate my waist (while everything else is calling for a 10).

I don't know of a recommendation for BF% before surgery. It's just my own personal goal... Part reward, and partly because I want the best results. Congrats on a healthy BMI ! I've never gotten there. LOL. :)

U look very fit and probably have good percentage of muscle mass. How have you checked body fat%? Most methods I hink are not accurate and merely rely on your BMI to estimate body fat and probably overestimate in a muscular person.

U look very fit and probably have good percentage of muscle mass. How have you checked body fat%? Most methods I hink are not accurate and merely rely on your BMI to estimate body fat and probably overestimate in a muscular person.

I had my body fat tested as a way to gauge how I am doing and as a way to set goals. The scale was no longer helpful to me. I had gotten down to 126 lbs before I started weight lifting. I'm now 132 lbs.... But it was muscle gain, not fat. Still, it was frustrating for the scale to be moving up. I decided the scale was no longer an appropriate tool, and BMI was ever an approprIate tool. Lol. I figured body fat% was the way to go. I was a little nervous because I knew the caliper method would not work on us wls peeps because of our loose skin. My gym uses a machine with electrodes (looks like an EKG) and the impulses measure density. Thought it was pretty cool. And it seems more accurate than calipers.

You look like you could be a personal trainer or something. I cannot wait to get sleeved. If I get to 124 -132 like you, I would freak... In a good way. I plan to use skin firming cream and compressions. But if I end up needing TT, so be it. Congrats girl!

Sounds like you are making amazing progress! Good job!!! I just had a Tummy Tuck and panniculectomy 6 weeks ago tomorrow. It was the best decision I've ever made outside of my sleeve surgery. After losing 155 pounds, there were no number of sit ups taht would tighten up that lose skin. And after having 4 9+ pound babies, and carrying around 155 pounds in excess weight, my ab muscles needed MUCH repair. My surgery ended up lasting 7 hours. But my surgeon was a freaking miracle worker and he did the MOST amazing job!!!

I feel sexy. Like honest to god sexy for the first time in my adult life. If you do go through with it, don't just get the panni, you will still have a belly overhang. Also take your time and find the right surgeon. I did my research and am SO pleased with the results.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back on my insurance approval for him to do my arms too.

I've attached my before/after pics. Keep in mind these pics were take 4 weeks post op, so there's a little swelling still. The scar is covered with "scar away" scar sheets, so it's safe viewing for the weak of stomach. And don't mind the stretch marks. They were proudly earned bringing 4 amazing kiddos into the world.

post-182723-0-74986600-1434487372_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-01147000-1434487374_thumb.jpg

post-182723-0-08133500-1434487375_thumb.jpg

I am so happy I found u here!! I have a consultant with dr. Borland on nov. 4! I am so scared of the out patient and does he do a leak test? Please give me any info u can. I on the fence but I really need this!! Thanks

You look awesome! I had a TT about 4 months ago, and while the recovery has been tough, I'm SO pleased with the result. Good luck to you!