Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moving to BOSTON! 6 Week Post Follow and Travel!

Just some random thoughts...

So I'm excited and stressed... with excitement! After searching for months I was finally offered a new position in my home state, Massachusetts! My last day at my job will be next Wednesday on 5/20/2015 and then I hit the road shortly after. I'm still not sure of which will be leaving but I at least want to be in Boston by Memorial Day. In my opinion, there is no point in prolonging my time in Colorado! I can't wait to get back to the East Coast and to city life again! But I'll have to find a Bariatric support group and follow-up doctor in the area (which should not be difficult at all). So if you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know.

On another note, I went to my 6 week post follow-up appointment today. Apparently I'm on target and cleared to eat all foods! Yaaay... kinda. Lol. I have been able to get all of my Water and Protein in but hardly any fruits and veggies. She suggested that I eat more often and change my Protein portion sizes when I have a meal. Hmm. My response back was that I may not fulfill my protein requirement if I lower my protein (meat) intake. I asked the dietitian about this and she assured me that I'll be able to eat more as time goes on and suggested finding protein in things other than meat. But I don't know. It's easier for me to have a 3 oz piece of salmon or chicken at 20+ grams of protein at lunch or dinner opposed to have less an eating more throughout the day. I'll consider it, but still on the fence.

Next, I went on a roadtrip last weekend. It was my way of seeing this region of the country for the first/last time ever. I have no plans to come back and visit this area again, so I figured I'd drive, hang out, and take photos of everything I saw. I went to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, The Four Corners, and the Grand Canyon (FINALLY!!) and it was gorgeous! I took awesome photos, got plenty of rest, talked to strangers and stayed at 2 very different but cool hotels. So, yeah. it was the perfect way to say goodbye.

Colorado, its been.... interesting, post-251290-0-47238200-1431579811_thumb.jpg post-251290-0-18804800-1431579816_thumb.jpg post-251290-0-24717700-1431579821_thumb.jpg post-251290-0-54972600-1431579819_thumb.jpg

Boy...when you changed your life....you really changed your life! Congrats!!!!

What an inspiration to others!

Lol, thank you! I decided to be happy this year! You only get 1 life, so we all should live it being well and doing what we want. I've been unhappy for far too long and I'm tired of it.

Edited by Tanika81