Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POSE surgeon in Mexico?

I went to Louisiana and had the POSE procedure 11/8/2013, just before they started the FDA trails. I will tell you that I wouldn't waste your money or time. I think I might have lost ten pounds, but then I noticed that I could eat a lot of food. It started getting very frustrating. I kept calling the doctors office and all they kept telling me was to drink and eat more Protein. In January 2015 I started going to a WLS doctor to have the gastric sleeve. The doctor performed a EGD and discovered the anchors were 90% gone. They were floating around in my stomach! Waste of $12,000. I went to Mexico and had the gastric sleeve and couldn't be happier. I am getting the results I wanted and feel great. No more high blood pressure, no cpap machine and no type 2 diabetes!!! Please do your research, you will not regret it.

Thank you for your reply pridenjoy. Certainly something to think about. I do know one gal who had it , is not skinny but happy with her results however I know there are others as well as yourself who are not happy. I wonder if they use different staples in Europe where they have been doing this for years. I was kinda hoping for a little help that would require less recovery and be less obvious to judgemental people in my life..perhaps that is a "chickens"way out and I need to rethink. Thanks again.

I received a message from a Dr in Mexico last night telling that POSE has not been approved in Mexico. That might explain why I have not been able to find info on it from Mexico.

I was worried about doing something so drastic as a sleeve. I thought the POSE procedure sounded like the perfect solution for me. When that didn't work out, going to Mexico was a whole different ballgame. Mexico, was I out of my mind? I was so determined to loose weight, I rationalized it to be okay. But you know what? When health insurance will not pay for it, we are forced to

find

another way. What I found was, all these people, and I mean a lot of people, were coming to

Mexico. I was floored by the amount of people waiting to board vans at the San Diego airport to

be driven into Mexico. There were 9 people in the van I was in. The vans were picking up people

about every 3 hours. I can not stress to you how many people, from all over the country, were

having surgery in Tijuana. I read everything I could find online. I decided to bite the bullet

and do it. I haven't told any one in my family what I have done. I just didn't want to hear all

the negative reactions. I probably would react the same way because I had never heard of anyone

going to Mexico, only horror stories. I may tell my family around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I

should be at my goal weight by then. Then I won't care what they say!

Honestly I wouldn't go for the plication or POSE. The plication was a total waste of money, not to mention the constant nausea. I revised to the band from the plication after a year with only 20 pounds lost. The band pressed on a nerve on my diaphragm (rare and random complication). Save yourself the time and heartache and go for the sleeve the first time. no reason to waste years of your life as well as your hard earned money, on something that isn't going to give you results. The doctor that invented the gastric plication no longer performs it because it simply didn't produce results.

Guest Dr. Jesus Lopez

strongly agree with this opinion, the gastric plication is a method to lose weight but indicated in patients with a not very high body mass index who are interested in losing a few pounds (20 to 30 lb) may even lose more up to 50 pounds on some of my patients, and one of its disadvantages are postoperative nausea that sometimes become difficult to control that disappear after 2-3 days.