Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About four weeks ago I had my brachioplasty and liposuction of the love handles with Dr. Yager in NY. I love my results and my scar. I'm at my goal weight of 170lbs since Feb 2015. My arms were the most important thing for me to do. However, it is a painful and slow recovery. I took off two weeks from work and that still was not enough. I recommend anyone who is getting it done to take more time off and to have a lot of help because you are going to need it.

Here is the picture I have with me so far... later on today I will post my scar pictures and before and after.

Update: 5/13/15

I uploaded pictures of my before, the scars and also a picture of now 4 weeks post op.

Hope this helps someone out there.

post-182721-0-40747900-1431458091_thumb.jpg

post-182721-0-35783800-1431538990_thumb.jpg

post-182721-0-39591500-1431538999_thumb.jpg

post-182721-0-83977100-1431539007_thumb.jpg

post-182721-0-03850100-1431539027_thumb.jpg

post-182721-0-72371600-1431539053_thumb.jpg

Edited by HipsAndLipstick

Congratulations! I also had brachioplasty, and have to agree, it's worth it! Can't wait to see your other pics.

Thanks so much for posting. I will definately be having a brachioplasty as well. I had huge arms and of course it is the last place I am losing weight.

I swear I have been wearing long sleeves for the past 10/15 years because I was always hiding my arms. My arms were so big that I would actually have to buy clothes one size bigger so my arms would fit.

Now I have giant bat wings and I am still hiding my arms even though they are smaller.

I cannot wait until I can have that surgery.

Can I ask when you started looking for a good plastics doctor? I am still about 48lbs from my goal but I have no idea when I should start exploring doctors to have plastics. I know I want to do my arms, tummy, and boobs for sure but I am probably looking at a lower body lift as well.

I think everyone is different with recovery from this - I had mine and also breast reduction on the same op - I had the Op on the Thursday and the next Monday I was out to lunch with friends. No pain at all, no bruising, nothing - So much so that I went shopping and bought potatoes then remembered what I had had done only a few days before and called son to come carry them home, lol

Congratulations! I also had brachioplasty, and have to agree, it's worth it! Can't wait to see your other pics.

It sure is. Thank you! Congrats to you too.

I think everyone is different with recovery from this - I had mine and also breast reduction on the same op - I had the Op on the Thursday and the next Monday I was out to lunch with friends. No pain at all, no bruising, nothing - So much so that I went shopping and bought potatoes then remembered what I had had done only a few days before and called son to come carry them home, lol

Don't get me wrong, I went out to eat and spent time outside but without using my arms or making sure no one bumped into me. I was in pain but not taking any pain meds.

Can I ask when you started looking for a good plastics doctor? I am still about 48lbs from my goal but I have no idea when I should start exploring doctors to have plastics. I know I want to do my arms, tummy, and boobs for sure but I am probably looking at a lower body lift as well.

I started looking as soon as I hit the year post mark. take your time and consult with different surgeons before making your decision. Good luck!

Congrats on the surgery. I hear you on not taking off enough time. I had a panniculectomy + abdominoplasty on 4/29 and took off 2.5 works from work. There is NO WAY I will be ready to go back. It was the most painful thing ever. I will take another work because my healing is the most important thing to me. Good luck in your healing!

I'm jealous too! I put in for approval for a brachioplasty at the same time as my pann+ ab and the tummy was approved but the arms were denied.

Random question, did you have drainage tubes for the brachioplasty?

Looks great! I just scheduled my arms and augmentation for June 30th. I've already had my TT with MR and breast lift. I'm not looking forward to another long recovery but it must be done.

Congrats on the surgery. I hear you on not taking off enough time. I had a panniculectomy + abdominoplasty on 4/29 and took off 2.5 works from work. There is NO WAY I will be ready to go back. It was the most painful thing ever. I will take another work because my healing is the most important thing to me. Good luck in your healing!

I'm jealous too! I put in for approval for a brachioplasty at the same time as my pann+ ab and the tummy was approved but the arms were denied.

Random question, did you have drainage tubes for the brachioplasty?

Congrats!! no, no drainage tubes for the brachio! best thing ever!!

Looks great! I just scheduled my arms and augmentation for June 30th. I've already had my TT with MR and breast lift. I'm not looking forward to another long recovery but it must be done.

good luck on your procedures. post pictures when you can! Cant wait to see it.

Thanks!

You will not have any regrets. Best decision I made.