Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New sleeve frustrations.

I'm 23 years old and I've lost 23 pounds. I had my gastric sleeve on April 23, 2015 by Dr. Lord in Pensacola Florida. I have three kids from six and under and I'm married. So even though I don't eat they do I still have to cook that's been a challenge for me. I'm still tired I feel like I should have more energy by now. I went to the doctor on Friday because I've had this tingling in my hands and it's been really bothering me they told me it was because I've lost so much weight my nerves are freaking out, I don't like it it hurts to hold it hurts and sends chills all over my body. Friday when I went he cleared me for the stage three diet, so far I've eaten tuna and canned chicken. The tuna was ok but the chick was a no no. I am now lactose intolerant milk used to be my best friend not anymore I cannot do sugar-free pudding Jell-O or anything like that and now I have to make my Protein Shakes with almond milk. I've eaten some hummus and that seems to be okay also ate an egg this morning and that was okay I'm scared to try anything else but he told me that if I don't eat I won't lose like I'm supposed to so I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on food and on how to keep up with your Vitamins or if anyone else is at the tingling in the fingers I was not diabetic before and I'm not diabetic now

This is your friend from the waiting room. I am sure someone here can answer your questions but in the meantime, you are looking great!

Have you tried some Lactaid tablets? Greek Yogurt and cottage cheese are so good for Protein and Calcium. I mixed canned chicken breast with some Miracle whip for really easy chicken salad, and had it for lunch or a snack almost everyday the week I progressed to soft foods. Refried Beans with salsa and cheese are great. I did good with baked Tilapia or Flounder. Deviled eggs are good.

I'm 23 years old and I've lost 23 pounds. I had my gastric sleeve on April 23, 2015 by Dr. Lord in Pensacola Florida. I have three kids from six and under and I'm married. So even though I don't eat they do I still have to cook that's been a challenge for me. I'm still tired I feel like I should have more energy by now. I went to the doctor on Friday because I've had this tingling in my hands and it's been really bothering me they told me it was because I've lost so much weight my nerves are freaking out, I don't like it it hurts to hold it hurts and sends chills all over my body. Friday when I went he cleared me for the stage three diet, so far I've eaten tuna and canned chicken. The tuna was ok but the chick was a no no. I am now lactose intolerant milk used to be my best friend not anymore I cannot do sugar-free pudding Jell-O or anything like that and now I have to make my Protein Shakes with almond milk. I've eaten some hummus and that seems to be okay also ate an egg this morning and that was okay I'm scared to try anything else but he told me that if I don't eat I won't lose like I'm supposed to so I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas on food and on how to keep up with your Vitamins or if anyone else is at the tingling in the fingers I was not diabetic before and I'm not diabetic now

too have numbness in my pinky and ring finger, they said if it doesn't go away in a week or two I have to see a neurologist

Ah yes I was hoping to find you so we can stay in tough Mimi039! How are you today? No infection like I though I had just ripped in that one place. But it's all fixed now!

I am going to try tilapia tonight! Just so nervous, but I'm excited too! I am going to definitely go to the neurologist then I didn't even think about that! Thanks everyone!

I am so glad you don't have an infection! You do have some challenges that I don't have especially with the young kids. On the other hand, you are losing weight like crazy! Let me know how the tilapia goes. I am dreading starting work tomorrow since I have grown to love my afternoon nap! Maria

I am going to try tilapia tonight! Just so nervous, but I'm excited too! I am going to definitely go to the neurologist then I didn't even think about that! Thanks everyone!

I would go through your Bariatric Dr, because it would fall on them

Mimi039 good luck with work! Didn't do the tilapia tonight I'm going to do it tomorrow. I was worn out from birthday parties this weekend so I didn't feel like going to grocery store! But I will Let you know how it goes tomorrow. Let me know how you do with back to work! -Amy

MomfromNewJersey22, I mentioned it to my dr who is supposed to be second in the nation it may be first I know he's really the best but he told me it had to do with the weight loss on my spinal cord and that it should subside.