Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I went to the mall, which I tend to not do very often because it is SO much easier to just order things online, however I don't fit into some of my size 4's and 6's any more and I needed at least one new pair of dress pants and a new pair of jeans. So, I went into banana Republic, where a size 2 petite was just a smidge loose on me (YAY!). Then I went into Express, where I could really do some damage to my credit card, and the size 2 dress pants I have been ogling online actually fit perfectly (DOUBLE YAY!). Sadly enough I couldn't find a dress jacket because my arms and shoulders fit into the 2, except the button wouldn't close until I tried on the 8, which was then too big everywhere else (thank-you boobs). Yes, woe is me, I'd have been grateful to be in an 8 2 years ago when I couldn't even shop in that store.

The best part of my day though was in American Eagle, where yes I am probably too old to still be wearing their jeans, I tried on a size 0, just for kicks and giggles, and holy cow it fit!!! (TRIPLE YAY) In my entire life I have never fit into a size 0 and I am beyond ecstatic. I seriously almost danced around the dressing room.

So...thank-you to whoever came up with the brilliant idea to cut out 80% of our stomachs. Much as I have days where I don't feel like I look that great or I see my plastic surgery scars and feel ashamed....today is not one of those days. Days like today make all the misery of the sleeve surgery and the plastics recovery and the frequent puking my stomach causes so completely worth it.

Thanks for listening, y'all. :)

That is incredible! What a feeling that must have been! What was your starting size?

I'm still pre-op and I know I'll never be a size 0, but even the thought of being a size 8 or 10 just seems insane to me. I'd probably cry!

@@MrsRoboto

Thanks! :) I think my eyes were a bit misty myself, lol. I started at a really, really, really tight size 18. I refused to buy any pants that were any bigger than that and about the last 20 pounds of gain or so I mostly wore a lot of stretchy clothing especially skirts, so I was probably closer to a size 20.

size zero almost danced around dressing room.

@@AvaFern

did you say size zero??? :blink:

i can't even pronounce that word!!!! :huh: ;)

you have done great!!! :)

110 lbs down!!! :o

keep up the good work for the rest of your healthier, longer, life :)

i know you will :rolleyes:

kathy

congrats

Today I went to the mall, which I tend to not do very often because it is SO much easier to just order things online, however I don't fit into some of my size 4's and 6's any more and I needed at least one new pair of dress pants and a new pair of jeans. So, I went into banana Republic, where a size 2 petite was just a smidge loose on me (YAY!). Then I went into Express, where I could really do some damage to my credit card, and the size 2 dress pants I have been ogling online actually fit perfectly (DOUBLE YAY!). Sadly enough I couldn't find a dress jacket because my arms and shoulders fit into the 2, except the button wouldn't close until I tried on the 8, which was then too big everywhere else (thank-you boobs). Yes, woe is me, I'd have been grateful to be in an 8 2 years ago when I couldn't even shop in that store.

The best part of my day though was in American Eagle, where yes I am probably too old to still be wearing their jeans, I tried on a size 0, just for kicks and giggles, and holy cow it fit!!! (TRIPLE YAY) In my entire life I have never fit into a size 0 and I am beyond ecstatic. I seriously almost danced around the dressing room.

So...thank-you to whoever came up with the brilliant idea to cut out 80% of our stomachs. Much as I have days where I don't feel like I look that great or I see my plastic surgery scars and feel ashamed....today is not one of those days. Days like today make all the misery of the sleeve surgery and the plastics recovery and the frequent puking my stomach causes so completely worth it.

I know a lot depends on age, but what is your skin like, going down that many sizes?

1) Congrats! 2) Okay... So can we have a coming to Jesus talk about you talking about losing any more weight?!?? ????

Today I went to the mall, which I tend to not do very often because it is SO much easier to just order things online, however I don't fit into some of my size 4's and 6's any more and I needed at least one new pair of dress pants and a new pair of jeans. So, I went into Banana Republic, where a size 2 petite was just a smidge loose on me (YAY!). Then I went into Express, where I could really do some damage to my credit card, and the size 2 dress pants I have been ogling online actually fit perfectly (DOUBLE YAY!). Sadly enough I couldn't find a dress jacket because my arms and shoulders fit into the 2, except the button wouldn't close until I tried on the 8, which was then too big everywhere else (thank-you boobs). Yes, woe is me, I'd have been grateful to be in an 8 2 years ago when I couldn't even shop in that store.

I know a lot depends on age, but what is your skin like, going down that many sizes?

@@Goldy6575

My skin was bad. I had yo-yo dieted a lot so my skin was not terrifically cooperative about not being all stretched out. I ended up having 3 plastic surgeries, of which I had a breast lift/augment, abdominoplasty, thigh lift, posterior body lift with auto augment, and a brachioplasty. Sadly, I would never have fit into a size 0 without having the extra skin removed and the trade-off is scars, but I'm good with it. :)

So very thrilled for you and for all of us! Where did you go for all you plastic surgery? Did you have any of you procedures at the same time? Thanks and a huge Woo Hoo to you Sweetie!

@@Shustar

My surgeries were done by Dr. Ankit Desai in Jacksonville, FL. I'm a big fan of him and his office- really nice guy who does an awesome job. All of my procedures were multiples. The first was breast lift/ augment and abdominoplasty, the second was a thigh lift and brachioplasty, and the third was a redo of the thigh lift (I didn't like it, there was nothing clinically wrong with it, but my doctor did it a second time for free), and a posterior body lift with auto augmentation of the butt.

Congratulations!! That is an amazing realiziation, isn't it? I hit size 0's a couple of months ago...unbelievable. It was never even a realistic goal/blip on my radar when I started this journey.

Well done to you for your hard work!