Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious as to whether or not there were any other Michigan people here! I'm in Northern Michigan and thought it'd be great to hear from others in the state about their experiences, surgeons, insurance, approval info., etc.

i am not from Michigan but i am in the process of moving to Michigan. I had my surgery almost a year ago.

I live in Belleville Michigan near Canton Michigan I'm about 3 weeks post op I went thru st mary mercy in Livonia dr Zeni is the best doctor you should check out the Bariatric center there

Edited by Terryrobinson

I'm in Michigan too, Not sure of surgery date yet, all pre-op requirements are done. I meet with my Surgeon Next Thursday :) the 14th to hopefully get a date! I will be going through Beaumont in Royal Oak.

I'm in the Metro Detroit Area. Surgery is scheduled for May 26th with Dr. Genaw at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.

Hello there! I'm from northern Michigan but now live in Grand Rapids, which is where I'll be having my surgery this summer (hopefully!).

Where are you in the whole process?

I haven't really started the whole process yet. I know I want the surgery and I am scheduled to attend the initial information seminar on the 18th. I'll likely be having surgery done at McLaren Northern MIchigan Hospital, but I hope to have Dr. Foote or Dr. Baker (Both from Grand Rapids) as my surgeon. I've read their bios and lots of reviews online and everyone raves about each of them.

I'm terrified that this entire process might take longer than I expect. I am almost 99% certain our company's insurance will be changing by January of 2016 so I am hoping I am able to jump through the hoops and have surgery before that happens.

Good luck with everything! I'm going through Dr. Kemmeter with Grand Health Partners, which is where Drs. Baker and Foote also practice. Your experience may be different since you're through Mclaren, but so far everything has been going really smoothly. My insurance does require a 6-month supervised diet before approval, so I just have one more of those to do before we submit to insurance. But they scheduled all the other appointments (dietician, exercise physiologist, behaviorist, lab work, etc.) throughout that process, so if I get approved on the first attempt, my surgery will be just under 7 months from when I started the whole thing. You might be cutting it close of you need the 6 month diet, but still doable.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

I'm in Holland, near Grand Rapids. I see Dr. schram. Love him! I have surgery on Monday! Converting from the lap band to a sleeve.

I don't believe with a BMI over 50 that I have to do the supervised 6 months. So glad to hear others have had good experiences with the practice that these doctors are originally from. Makes me feel more at ease for sure.

I'm in Holland, near Grand Rapids. I see Dr. schram. Love him! I have surgery on Monday! Converting from the lap band to a sleeve.

I'm in Saint Joseph. I had my band removed in December, 2014. My surgeons office is getting my info together to submit to the insurance company. Impatiently waiting!

Good luck with your surgery!

I'm in Michigan and going through pre-op.... Not sure of date yet, September or October I'm thinking. I'll be going out of Troy Beaumont!

I used to live in Grand Rapids ???? most of my family is from there. I'm in North Carolina. Good luck on your journey ????

I live in northern Michigan as well! And from reading your post I'm pretty sure we live very close to one another!!! I had my surgery in Traverse City at Munson on April 13th.