Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Now I've been using this site for about 6 mos now and so far I've asked 2 questions that no one have responded to. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that we are all here to support each other? I don't understand why you all are ignoring me. I show my support to each and everyone of you, and offer advice if I can relate but instead of calling my doctor every 5 mins I just assumed that my questions can be answered here. Am I wrong to think that? Am I over reacting?

I'm sorry you didn't receive answers to your previous questions. That is definitely atypical of this site, as usually people are quick to answer and help out in any way they can. I went back and looked at your questions. The first I can't help you with, as I was never in the 300's. As for your other post, it looks like you did get a couple of replies, but I missed that one because you posted it in the evening. I suspect a lot of other people are like me and only really around on the forums during the day time, as that's when I'm stuck at a desk/computer.

Please don't hesitate to continue to post your questions and concerns. These forums can be a great resource and it would be unfortunate if you gave up on us!

@@leag78

i am so sorry that you have been feeling ignored and I am sure it was not meant to be mean and it was not out of bad intent. I usually respond to all the recent topics found on the right side of the screen because I only have a limited amount of time throughout the day to spend on this site. I will read your posts right now and respond. Just know that no one is going out to ignore you at all and most likely respond to the most recent topics located on the right side of the screen just due to being on the run and not being able to respond to all posts. i have had a few of my own that have not been answered.

Like the others I answer questions which appear as recent topics and which I feel are ones I have experience which will allow me to give a good answer, I spend a lot of time, not for my own benefit, helping people. I am sorry you feel ignored! Maybe you couid explain more in your subject title? I rarely answer ones which just say "help" or "support" because there is no way of telling what they are about. I have no idea at all what your previous questions were.

OK. Far from being unhelpful, I have taken the time to look back over your posts. And there are very good reasons I didn't answer.

I have never been over 300lbs.

I rarely bother with posts with subject titles which give no indication of the question.

And you did get answers to one of them.

Edited by KateP

You posted just yesterday in the gastric bypass forum. I try to respond more to sleevers since I don't have experience with bypass. Also, the sort of question...how long will I be in the 3s is not one I would answer. I DID weigh over 300# but my results have little to do with your journey.

I do tend to scan the "posts with no replies" on the sidebar but don't have time to open them all. If the title or user name seems like something I can add value to - I respond. Since you JUST posted the 3s to the 2s one - I hadn't even seen it yet....

so, if you want replies, I suggest a bit more patience... most of us aren't on here 24/7. Second, realize that the title of the post causes people to open it or not. If it is specific and clear, you are more likely to get responses. finally, don't take it so personally... I have posted on here for YEARS, there are some people who follow my posts (due to my veteran status) and not all of my posts get quick or even many replies. It depends on the subject... that is just how it goes... it isn't personal.

This is a great place to get support and advice, but as others have said, it can be hit-or-miss depending on what your question is, and when you post it. Please keep in mind that we are not medical professionals here. (At least most of us aren't.) We are patients, just like you, who share from our personal experiences, or from what we have read or heard. If you have a serious medical issue, you should always consult a medical professional. Good luck!

Ditto, above. Most people will respond IF they can, especially if they can relate, or if they have advice for your particular situation. I, personally, don't respond if I can't give what I think the person is looking for. Or maybe I get called away during the reading of the post, and I lose track. I actually try to respond to as many as I can, because no one, including yourself, wants to feel left out.

I also know there are many others who like to respond, and I feel between ALL the folks on this site, someone is bound to answer. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. It doesn't mean you are singled out to be ignored. And I'm sorry you feel that way. Most of us have many other things to do with our day, and get to the posts on this site when we can, as a side activity. Sometimes we just don't have time to read them all, let alone answer them all. We do our best, and I'm sure there are lots of posts (mine included) who never get answered.

Then there are those who don't answer posts, only ask questions on posts. Then there are the "newbies" who are focused on their own immediate needs, because they are new and scared and don't have the experience yet to answer others posts. And then there are those who have gotten to a point where they no longer feel the need to stay on the site, they have progressed in their journey and have sprouted wings to fly away on their way to life outside the forums. We all will end up doing that at some point, we just have other things we want to do.

So don't take this personally, no one is deliberately ignoring you. Persist with your questions, maybe re-phrase them, if necessary. At some point, someone is bound to have the answer, or would be able to relate to your question.

Thanks for all of your support and I agree that if you can't relate then you shouldn't respond and I feel the same way. I guess I got a little emotional because I am completely alone in this journey and you all are my only support. So when I feel ignored it hurts because I can tell my family is sick of talking about it. I tried searching for most of my questions just to see if anyone else asked something similar and I got a lot of good info.

Thanks for all of your support and I agree that if you can't relate then you shouldn't respond and I feel the same way. I guess I got a little emotional because I am completely alone in this journey and you all are my only support. So when I feel ignored it hurts because I can tell my family is sick of talking about it. I tried searching for most of my questions just to see if anyone else asked something similar and I got a lot of good info.

I spend a lot of time on these forums for the same reason. Only a few people know about my surgery and I don't want to drive them crazy talking to them about it all the time and they don't really fully understand what I'm going through anyway. Having so many people on here that have been through the exact same thing really really helps me!

Hugs! It is very easy to get emotional on this journey! It is high stress and we all need support! Keep asking - but be patient! Answers almost aiways come!