Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7 days out and when I left the hospital the nurse said I could start phase lll (puréed foods) so I have been eating baby food, apple sauce, Jello, and pudding. I can't stand the taste of the Protein Shakes anymore So I am not getting my daily dose. I am afraid I am going to eat something that I am not supposed to have. Can anyone help me I don't know what to do.

My doctor did not want me to start soft foods until week 3 and said not to eat yogurt, pudding or Jello due to swelling in the stomach. I really do enjoy the nectar Protein Drinks, they are very similar to Kool-Aid; apple, strawberry and cherry are my favorite so far. I know that you can get samples for $2 each and there are like 12 different flavors to choose from. I am 4 weeks post op and just now trying to eat solids. I tried a small piece of bread, which was a big mistake. Pasta did not settle too well either. I spent the weekend vomiting foods that did not agree with me. I will say that string cheese is awesome and I also do the sugar free carnation instant Breakfast with 1% milk. Good luck!

Have you tried using unflavored Protein powder for your own, homemade "shakes"? If not, you may find you like them better. Get some unflavored Protein Powder, add it to cold Water, mix well. Then add some water-enhancer drops - any flavor, or mix them up! You can adjust the strength of the flavor/sweetness by adjusting how many drops you put in. For me, this is a whole lot better than pre-made shakes, and less expensive. I also add my Benefiber and Calcium citrate powder to the drink, so I get all the stuff I need.

You can also add this powder to anything wet...soup, broth, scrambled eggs.....all kinds of things. Try to mix it with some cool Water before adding it to hot things, so it doesn't clump. Good luck to you!

Call your nutritionist and discuss alternatives. Greek yogurt is a high source of Protein, smashed Beans or refried Beans may also be acceptable if you thin them out with a bit of broth. Just call the nutritionist and brain storm. That's what you paid them for.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!