Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the final approval phase. I should find out by mid-May if I am approved. I find myself eating everything in site. My nerves are terrible. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like a total nut.

Well, why not try doing a pre-pre-op diet, just to get you started, and show all involved how serious you are?! It can't hurt, and can get you excited for the next phase! Just an idea.......

I just completed my last weight loss class required by my insurance. Submitted to insurance for approval today! Hopefully, I'm in the last days before I can schedule my surgery!

I did the same thing I ate everything in site! I got my phone call last week, going in May 19th for surgery :) this will be my second time around the first time was two years ago I had the sleeve done now I'm have the bypass.

Good Luck to you!

I don't have my Seminary and first doctors visit till MAY 22!!!!! Talk about antsy. However, it is giving me tons of time to research everything, particularly the different types of WLS. Depending on the Doctors recommendation, I m definitely leaning in one particular direction.

BTW, if you are researching WLS, PLEASE DON'T take everything you read as gospel!! I am getting tons of info here because whatever is opinion is stated as such. My Doctors website I consider safe as well as MedlinePlus and Bariatric-surgery-source.com.

I keep thinking that each day is one day closer to being able to live a better and healthier life. At 67, my expectations are a lot different than most younger people. But they are none the less real!

Good luck to each of you. Looking forward to hearing about the next step of your journeys!!

Louise

i live in a rural area and the hospital has a mandatory information session every other month. I missed the June one (this was 2013) and had to wait for August. Longest summer of my life! In retrospect the extra time was good for me as I did so much research. Also I decided to see a therapist so I had some one to go through the process with me who was completely objective. We worked on identifying my triggers and really broke them down. I am in my fifties and done a lot of work on mysekf already but this time it was different. Choosing surgery was an act of brutal self-honesty and the admission that I could not do it on my own. The other thing I'm glad I did was up my exercise. I didn't want to but I did it -- just walking and a little more, a little further. Is kind of prepping for surgery helped so much. I knew everything I did woukd make it go smoother and help me heal faster. Good luck to you -- all of you. Weight loss surgery changed my life in ways I wasn't anticipating.

I was a self pay so I didnt have to go through the hardships of the insurance thank god for that the insurance companies kill you with their demands.

I too am waiting to see my doctor. I live in Southern Delaware and was initially told by the insurance company that I had to go to a doctor in New Jersey. I went for my initial consultation, like them and have scheduled to have my Lap Band removed in June and bypass in July. Came home and needed to call insurance company back for a few question s and now they said (different lady) I could have my surgery in Salisbury, MD, 20 minutes from my home. So upset. Any way I have scheduled a consultation with them on May 18th. Can't wait!! I too find myself eating more than I have for a long time.Really trying not to do this. I am SOOOOO ready for the surgery and start my new healthy living. I am an OR nurse, retired, so I know what will be happening and have lots of anxiety. I think knowing the ins and outs of the surgery is worse anticipation. May 18th can not come soon enough. I am reading everything I can get my hands on. My favorite is a book I ordered called, "Out of Obesity and into the Promised Land" by Julia Holloman. She is 6 years post op Gastric Bypass and her book is excellent. Love it!! Would love to have a surgery buddy to chat with. If you would share your email, great.......

I am in the final approval phase. I should find out by mid-May if I am approved. I find myself eating everything in site. My nerves are terrible. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like a total nut.

"Sometimes you feel like a nut.....sometimes you don't"......Couldn't help it...felt compelled to say that... :D

You're by no means alone......check out this link....http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/300489-fallacy-of-the-6-month-wait/

Try to relax......you'll be looking back on all this in a flash.......not believing how fast the time went by....