Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low testosterone and coffee

So I have two questions not really relates to each other

First one is for men. Has anyone had any issues with low testosterone post op? I'm 7 months out and have hit a wall recently with energy. I've lost close to 100lbs. I work out 4-5 times a week and have had good gains. I have not increased in weight lifted in a month or so. There is a lab in my clinic and another doctor suggested I check my T level. Range is 138-816 and mine was 160. He recommended a testosterone therapy clinic. Anyone else had these issues?

Second question is for coffee drinkers. I've never drank coffee until recently at work we have a kuerig and I had a few cups with come Creamer it tasted decent and gave me a nice boost. I have one at home now. How does it fall into our caloric intake? Any negative effects? Suggestions on best tasting coffee?

Thank you in advance.

It's my understanding that caffeine can make one hungry. This I don't need! I also understand it to cause acid, which I also don't need! So I do Decaf, once or twice a week. Since I have so few carbs (which always made me sleepy), I don't really need the boost anymore. Have a good evening!

Caffeine doesn't seem to of effected me any differently than before opp. Just remember to add extra fluids caffeine can dehydrate you if your not getting enough Fluid. I have a Nesspresso machine (reasonable priced) and the capsules for that are great tasting. coffee will always give you a boost I don't think I could live without it and my surgeon and nutritionist don't have an issue with it.

I have my daily one or two cups of coffee and the rest of the time i'm crystal light/water - and I do drink a lot of that - I don't see the harm if its something that you enjoy.

Did you ever have a problem with Low T before. I'm currently on T replacement therapy, and i'm up for surgery in 3 weeks. I'm due my last shot before surgery next week. I'm curious if the testosterone level changes after your fat:muscle ratio changes post-op. I've been on T for 2 years, and it really helps with mood and energy. I don't want to use it if I don't need to, but was curious what will happen post-op.

There is a supplement by standard process I was put on to help reset thyroid. It's called adrenal desiccate. I have to take 4 - 3x a day and I am only on day 3 but maybe you can ask or read about it.