Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post fear I may be losing too fast

Hey there. Was sleeved by Dr Jesus Lopez in TJ this past Monday. Here's my experience so far. worries and wins.

I got food poisoning thursday night before i started liquids so i lost 5 pounds before the surgery on the following Monday. That sucked.

The three days with just liquid was ok, at one point i almost caved and had a touch of cheese....but didn't and am proud!

Once surgery was done there was a ton of nausea but once i took something for it, it never came back.

I have not yet had any acid reflux..is this normal?

it's one week after my sleeve and i have lost 20 pounds right on the dot and i'm wondering if that's too much. that's 2.5 lbs a day....did anyone else experience this? Is that too fast?

I start phase 2 of the liquid diet tomorrow which includes cream Soups and such...but I tried some Tomato Soup with parm cheese tonight and it was heaven on earth, it hurt a little going down, but it's the thickness i think.

4 days after surgery i was drywalling my basement and dismantling an above ground pool....I'm super happy with how fast recovery is and I hope you all have quick recoveries.

tell me about yours!

Everyone's journey is different. You didn't state your starting weight, but the higher your starting BMI, the more weight you will initially lose after surgery. Enjoy this period, it doesn't last forever!

I too had a very easy recovery and now 13 months post surgery (at goal weight!) have never had acid reflux or heart burn. Count yourself lucky!

Edited by Bluesea71

Only a man would worry about losing too much too fast ;)

Oh, shut up!

Josh....I think you are doing great! Don't worry about losing it too fast....enjoy the changes. I think a man loses weight so differently from a woman. I had my sleeve last Tuesday and really don't see a big change on the scale. With my luck, this will not work for me (LOL). If you are feeling good enough to do all of the activities list, great! Just remember to stay hydrated. Please keep posting your progress. I am looking forward to sharing mine too!

I'm jealous. Every gram I have lost has gone out kicking and screaming.

I guess it's more normal for a guy. But I think it has always been easy for me to lose if I stuck to diets...it would all just come roaring back plus 10 if I fell off the wagon, I'm hoping with the sleeve that it can be a lasting lifetime weightloss. Thanks for the comments peeps!

BTW I started at 289 and am now at 267 bmi was 42

That Tomato Soup with parm cheese was amazing!

Hey there. Was sleeved by Dr Jesus Lopez in TJ this past Monday. Here's my experience so far. worries and wins.

I got food poisoning thursday night before i started liquids so i lost 5 pounds before the surgery on the following Monday. That sucked.

The three days with just liquid was ok, at one point i almost caved and had a touch of cheese....but didn't and am proud!

Once surgery was done there was a ton of nausea but once i took something for it, it never came back.

I have not yet had any acid reflux..is this normal?

it's one week after my sleeve and i have lost 20 pounds right on the dot and i'm wondering if that's too much. that's 2.5 lbs a day....did anyone else experience this? Is that too fast?

I start phase 2 of the liquid diet tomorrow which includes cream Soups and such...but I tried some Tomato Soup with parm cheese tonight and it was heaven on earth, it hurt a little going down, but it's the thickness i think.

4 days after surgery i was drywalling my basement and dismantling an above ground pool....I'm super happy with how fast recovery is and I hope you all have quick recoveries.

tell me about yours!

Wow! I was just coming on here to ask the same question! I had VSG on 4/20. My starting weight was about 418. Yesterday I weighed in at 385! I thought the scale was broke so I tried another one at the walk in clinic. It was accurate. So I am with you, about 2.5 pounds a day is what I loose.

All of my foods thus far have been step 2 slider foods. I think thats what they are called (I'm a newb). I have eaten nothing but Protein supplements, Soup, Greek yogurt and sip Water all day.

For the first time in over 5 years I was able to walk 1 complete mile without any back pain (which was the reason I got the surgery, facet joint disorder in my lower back). I feel energized all the time where as before surgery, I would want to take naps during the day. Could barely stay awake for an 8 hour shift at work.

I had a couple friends tell me that even after 6 weeks of being on disability they could barely muster the energy to go back to work. IM on my second week off and I am dying to go back to work (Ok, I am not dying to go to work but you get the idea ;) ).

Glad I am not alone in thinking that I am loosing too fast!

I am post op almost 2 weeks and my loss has been around 2.5 lbs per day! Way to go all! Keep up all the great work!

It will slow down.. trust.

it will slow down. I am losing about .5 lbs a day. and I thought I was losing fast! Go you!

it will slow down. I am losing about .5 lbs a day. and I thought I was losing fast! Go you!

Boy, that puts it into perspective, I divided mine and I'm losing an average of .80 pound a day!

Yes this is true. But it depends on the person. I started off with a BMI over 60 and a net weight of 400+ pounds so I think I will continue to shed at a more rapid weight than someone starting off with a BMI of 40. Plus adding exercise (long brisk walks) helps too. It will be very interesting to see where I am in 90 days. Im pretty excited and motivated thus far!

Plus if it doesnt slow down I would weigh 0 pounds at the end of 4 months ;)

As a lot of people have mentioned, everyone's journey is a different one. I'm fortunate as well as I have lost 38 lbs. in my first month. Stick to a good meal plan, get your proper liquids and Proteins in, and take your Vitamins. do that and you'll be successful!

Yes this is true. But it depends on the person. I started off with a BMI over 60 and a net weight of 400+ pounds so I think I will continue to shed at a more rapid weight than someone starting off with a BMI of 40. Plus adding exercise (long brisk walks) helps too. It will be very interesting to see where I am in 90 days. Im pretty excited and motivated thus far!

Plus if it doesnt slow down I would weigh 0 pounds at the end of 4 months ;)

I started at 314.. it still will slow down.. some people lose it all in 6 months.. others take 18 months.. I'm just saying that you wont' continue to lose 40 pounds a month. I've lost 40 in 2 months.. and workout very rigorously..