Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! So I had my surgery (gastric bypass) 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Everything is going great other than the whole staying hydrated thing. I've had a bunch of issues getting in my Water. But I'm working on it. Anyways the point of this post.. I have lost 30 pounds since surgery. I've been told it's noticible is my neck and chest and face. But honestly I do not see it AT ALL. I am just wondering how much weight you all lost before you started seeing it and feeling it?? I am so excited to start feeling my clothes getting looser and start seeing the changes and I feel like with 30 pounds I should at lease see or feel SOMETHING.

It depends on how heavy you are to begin with. For me, I started noticing big changes after the first 40lbs. I was 310 to begin with. I started first noticing that my rings were too big and my shoes started to get really lose. Following that my clothes became very lose and I had to buy new pants.

it will come fast, you are only a month in, give it a few more weeks. This is always the time when you lose the most weight. Once you get onto to soft foods and your tummy heals, the weight loss will become consistent but likely your weight loss will range from 1 to 5lbs in a week. Some weeks you may just stay the same as your body adjusts.

Good job and good luck! You are doing fantastic!

I think it really depends on your presurgery weight. 30 lbs is a lot of weight, no matter, but if you are 300lbs it won't be as noticeable as if you were 250 or 200. Also, you see yourself every day, which usually means you are not going to notice those differences as much as someone who sees you infrequently.

Ummmm.... you sent me the pics the other night and you look great. I can see it in you face and neck. 30 lbs is huge! What an accomplishment! Look at it this way, go pick up a 10 lb weight (that's all you can pick up post op) and imagine carrying 3x that, walking around how long would you be able to walk carrying it in your arms!! You are getting there!! Congrats on your weight loss!

Generally before surgery, I didn't really look at myself in the mirror. Most times there were not photographs of me because I was always the photographer. So it wasn't really possible for me to see the change. I did take a before photo and then duplicated the pose six months after surgery. This was the best way for me to see the change. Here is a link to the photo: http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Operation.jpg

Okay Thank you all. I guess it's just because I'm starting at a heavier weight than most. I'll see it eventually :) I just was having a moment of impatience which is ridiculous seeing as its only been 2 weeks and I've already dropped 30 pounds. I need to just stop worrying about it and focus on the important things like Water intake and all that good stuff. It will catch up with me eventually! :D

I've moticed it tales about 50 pounds lost for others to notice. They might comment on hair or an outfit, but weight loss doesn't click as the reason a person looks "good" until they hit the 50 pound mark.