Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7weeks out, feeling down, weight stopped

Well I am really feeling down and out. I am very stressed that my weight has completely stopped (and maybe gained). I have been fighting sugar and sweets. I try my best to stay away from most but when I do have a taste of something (cupcake icing) I feel like crap but then I do it again, and feel like crap all over.

In addition, I am at a loss of what to eat. Everything I used to eat is on the prohibited list. I think that's why I snack on stuff I shouldn't (no Protein value). I just need something in my stomach. Every place I look I find foods that I can't eat b/c they have too much sugar, fat and or carbs are too high or it really will do nothing for me nutritionally.

I continue to regret my decision to have the RNY conversion. I should have just left my sleeve alone and dealt with the acid reflux.

Sorry to complain, just down.

Is there anything on the can eat list you like? I am currently looking at a revision for similar issue and I know that from what I have been reading the losses can be a bit slower. Just remember the RNY is so different than sleeve. I am typing this as my heart is burning.. Hoping for relief soon. I can be emotional as well. Going through surgery twice sucks!

Here is the thing, if you had the sleeve previously or the lap band previously you should know exactly what you should be eating and doing to lose the weight.

Icing is definitely not on the food plan and you already know that because you are scolding yourself.

You have to get comfortable cooking meals for yourself and staying away from any pre-packaged foods. There are a lot of lovely Protein rich meals you can whip up in short order. I am not sure what phase of the plan you are supposed to be on but I am guessing if you are eating frosting, you are on regular foods by now.

Lean chicken, Turkey, Beef, and pork provide excellent Protein. Along with eggs, Beans and protein supplements. If you focus your meals around those foods and fill in with good carbs like vegetables and fruit, you will be well on your way.

Also, I am sure you know this but the more sugar & Carbs (empty calories) you eat, the more your body will crave them.

The other thing is exercise. Not sure what your current activity level is but if you are not exercising start by walking a lot everyday.

I wish you the best of luck and I know if you put your mind to it you can make it happen. You just need to have a talk with yourself and decide if you are going to be successful. It is 100% up to you.

I am confused since you had the sleeve before you should have some understanding of what nutrional needs there are for a healthy lifestyle?? There is plenty of things to eat that are full of flavor. You have to be willing to expand yourself and let go of old eating habits. Check out Eggface.com or look on Pinterest for gastric bypass recipes. Protein first, veggies 2nd and sugar off the plate.

I see no mention of Protein in your post. Are you making any attempt to reach your protein and Water goals? I am not yet seven weeks, but it is a full time job getting in my protein (on full liquids). I find that the Protein Shakes offer plenty of sweetness and I actually prefer savory Soups, etc. I can't even imagine eating something like icing. Yuck.