Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! My name is Felicia. I am 45, going to be 46 on May 2nd. I have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 23 & 29 and 2 grandsons, ages 2 & 5. I am married to a wonderful husband and we will be renewing our vows on our 10 year wedding anniversary June 25th of this year! I live with multiple chronic illnesses and multiple sclerosis. I've survived cancer twice! I'm very blessed to be alive. My family consists of mostly obese people and a lot of the health conditions that go along with obesity. I am determined to NOT be obese. I lost my mother (12/19/2012) at age 69 to colon cancer, diabetes, heart disease and a bunch of other health conditions that were related to obesity. I see what my children are going through missing there grandmother. She was my best friend and I was her sole caregiver 24/7 for the last 4 years of her life. I do not want to do that to my children or grandchildren. I am determined to lose weight the right way, get healthy, stay healthy and BE HERE for my family. The loss of my mother is hard on all of us and may have been preventable if she had not smoked, stopped smoking and taken better care of herself. Although, I suffer every day with pain, fatigue and multiple symptoms from my illnesses and disease...I am detemined to live! I've had 38 surgeries, 50 epidurals for lower lumbar back pain, 3 spinal surgeries, H1Ni, viral menengitis, a terrible car accident that left me with a brain injury, Migraines, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, etc. I could go on. My heaviest weight has been 255lbs at 5'7. I started my weight loss journey at 232. I've tried all of the diets and fads....they didn't work for me. It's hard for me to get regular exercise in due to my health conditions BUT...I can walk, thank God! So, I walk. I do what I can when I can, which makes it hard to get and keep the weeight off. I started my weight loss journey in February of this year at 232lbs and am currently at 216lbs. My VSG surgery is on May 4th, 2 days after my birthday (my gift to myself) and I need to be at 212lbs by then. I've been on a full liquid diet for a week...and the weight JUST ISN'T COMING OFF!!!! Any suggestions? I am drinking 3-5 prepared Protein Shakes daily, along with all of my Vitamins and minerals suggested by my doctor and 64-90 oz. of Water daily. Thanks in advance for any help.

post-252798-0-00729400-1430161289_thumb.jpg

drinking 3-5 prepared Protein shakes - 64-90 oz. of Water daily.

@@Felicia Corrales Gonzales

i can only imagine the strength/decication it took to care for your mom these past 4 years :(

condolences on your loss :(

you realize you want/need to change the history of obesity in your family

good for you on wanting to get healthier, and happier for YOU

hubby and kids et al will "feel" your success :)

not loosing any more weight??? :o :angry:

not "sneaking" pizza, or ice cream et al?? :blink: ;)

sorry bud i had to ask :wacko: :)

if you are drinking the above, not eating

you must/will loose weight :rolleyes:

i have confidence in you :)

fingers & toes crossed :)

May 4th, VSG

keep drinking

shakes and Water might flow up to your eyes!!!! :o

do what you gotta do :lol:

the necessary weight should come off

good luck with surgery

speedy recovery :rolleyes:

kathy

i can only imagine the strength/decication it took to care for your mom these past 4 years :(

May 4th, VSG

keep drinking

shakes and Water might flow up to your eyes!!!! :o

good luck with surgery

kathy

I admit I probably have cheated with 300 extra calories = one portioned/weeighted out meal in the last 2 weeks. My doctor says he thinks I'm eitherr retaining water or salt (?) Thanks for the support!

I admit I probably have cheated with 300 extra calories = one portioned/weeighted out meal in the last 2 weeks. My doctor says he thinks I'm eitherr retaining Water or salt (?) Thanks for the support!

May 4th, VSG

keep drinking

shakes and water might flow up to your eyes!!!! :o

good luck with surgery

kathy

PS...you look waaaaaaaay too young for that title "proudgrammy"...but I am also a "young proud grammy!

Wow what a Wonder Woman you are!

I am sorry for your loss

I hope you succeed in your Quest for a healthy lifestyle

Maybe your body has gone into starvation mode you probably drop weight all of a sudden

If it's Water retention that's not great as we should not take anti inflammatory meds that's what my doc said to me

I am having my surgery on May 7th

My two week pre op diet is high Protein low carb made up of chicken breast mushrooms evening meal and two Isopure vanilla zero carb shake s a day and Water I have lost 8pounds in 6 days but it's a struggle to keep going I have wanted to break down and eat chocolate lol but I haven't yet

I've never been able to take NSAIDs or any anti-inflammatory medications for any of my chronic illnesses anyway because of the blood disorder that I have so I've been using alternative methods for my pain and fatigue

you're not the first person who told me that they think my body is going into starvation mode I go to a support group for pre and post op patience and they've told me the same thing. Good luck on your journey. I'm going to stick with the full liquid diet and see if it works. The hardest part for me is living in a house with my husband and father and having to be the person who prepares and cooks their meals for them when they're still on a regular diet and love sweets and Desserts. I can't make them suffer for the decision that I'm choosing to make so I'm not asking them to change anything for me.

**Patients, sorry I was using voice to talk and didn't check my editing before I posted

I have the same thing with my hubby he been having yummy food it's smells so good

I wondered what blood disorder you suffer from if it's not to personal question?

I suffer from a blood disorder called pernicious anaemia and it's not pleasant

my family suffers from a blood disorder it's a type of hemophilia called

Von Willebrands. We lack the blood clotting factor that normal people are born with. It's managed with medication but every medical and dental procedure can be dangerous.