Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days Post-Op...I feel much better than Day 1

I was out and about yesterday I didnt get a chance to get on until now, I think the nausea has passed YAAAYYY, I'm still sipping Soup w/protein and crystal light with Protein which is very nasty so I won't be doing that again, the Unjury chicken broth is the only protein I have been able to tolerate I have my first appointment on tomorrow...I am back to work good thing I sit all day, cuz I would not be here, I don't have enough leave to stay home, but I am feeling better and the last I looked at the scale I have dropped a total of 17 pounds, I'll take it, I dont see any difference but in my face woo-hoo!! Still a little gassy but the Gas-X and walking takes care of that I can't wait to go home though and climb into my bed I have brought a measuring cup to work so that I can stay on track I feel like I do way better at work than at home because my kids do not give me a break they are very little and I understand, so I often get distracted tending to them and even with another person in the house to assist them they still want "Mom" to do it, ugh...one day at a time I know it will get better and this will all be worth it!!! B)

Take it one day at a time. I promise...it gets a little better every single day.

So your back to work 5 days post op? How's that working for you? I have to go back 10 days post op and I've been a little concerned. Luckily I to have a desk job so hopefully I can manage. Ideally I would really like to go back 7 days postop if I can, just to save myself one extra PTO day.

@@KC VSG Back to work has been a breeze considering it is a Monday too, I just stay here behind my desk and walk from time to time I have everything in here MIcrowave, Fridge so I dont have to go to Cafeteria That's how it was before the surgery anyways, so nothing Changed, I feel better sitting up in my chair I do tend to get lazy at home I think being here is helping me more than hurting me....Its just day 1, but trust me if I had leave I think I would be home, but I had no choice I cannot take leave without pay and it seem to have worked out...

You are an amazing woman and I can only see success for you!

You are living proof that we can over come so much more than we think. Plus you have little children!

Thanks for making me realize...I am slacking a little bit. Hope to hear more of your progress. Thanks again.

@@PMJ Thanks I wanted this so bad and I will indeed share my progress, I feel like on here everyone understands, I can't talk to anyone else other than the support groups, which I dont mind and my dad who is very supportive, I am happy I found this little place called "BariactricPal" where I can jog my thoughts, my feelings and etc...