Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am having a rough few days.

I was sleeved 3/23 and lost 20 pounds in just over 2 weeks. I had lost 30 pounds prior to surgery. Since then, I have only lost another 5 pounds. I find this very discouraging. I know what I need to do and am doing it. I weigh my portions and log everything. I will be starting the soft foods stage on Monday and a looking forward to having some more options. I have logged every little bite that I have eaten on myfitnesspal. I work out at least 5 times per week. I even did a spin class last week. (I rocked it, by the way.) The weight is just not coming off. I know that stalls are normal, but it is just frustrating and I needed to vent.

In the past, whenever I was upset about my weight, I would eat more. I know that is totally detrimental and part of the reason I needed to have weight loss surgery, but its the truth. I obviously can't do that now, and have been pretty good with my diet. I average 600-700 calories, 75-90g Protein, and less than 30 carbs per day. I don't want to eat, because I know that would make me even more frustrated.

My husband is also overweight. I am going to guess he is right around the 500 pound mark. He sometimes wants to have the surgery. In fact, he is the reason I decided to have it. He signed up for an informational session and I planned to go with him for support. He ended up losing his job (and insurance) so he cancelled, but i still went and ended up getting surgery. Sometimes, he is supportive of me and my weight loss, but other times I think he is jealous. He also fears that I will get skinny and leave him. He does seem to "enjoy" the difference in my body already.

I am on a paid leave from work, so I am still bringing home my regular pay check. He is working 6 days a week, and his check isn't even half of mine. I think he expects me to do all of the housework since I am not working, but I still want/need him to pitch in and help. It makes me so frustrated. It also bothers me that I am the breadwinner (who doesn't get to eat bread) and still have to do most of the work at home. I get sinks full of dishes, but I am not using many dishes, because I am not really eating.

All of the frustration, makes me want to eat things that I know I shouldn't. It also makes me reflect on the past and how on bad days I would buy bad foods and eat them.

I know this is all very confusing and unorganized, but I think I just needed to get it out, so I could feel better. Also...when I am typing, I am not eating or wanting to eat.

For the most part, I have had a very positive outlook on everything, but yesterday and today have just been in the crapper. I am going to blame it on the hormones. Oh well, thanks for letting me get all that off my chest. Cheers to a better tomorrow.

Time to get out the measuring tape!!! It will tell you of your success when the scales won't!!! You are just in a stall, where your body is swearing at you and throwing a major tantrum! Don't give in to it, your head runs the show!

SO! What to do? Get your mind off it, go treat yourself to some window shopping, plan for what styles you would like to wear, try on some of those things. No one said you have to BUY right now, just start planning! Find out where to buy the things you would like, start forming a budget for it, if necessary, just get out and have fun!

Good news that your hubs wants to do this, too, doing it together could be really fun! Having each other right there to support each other would be great. And if he has the surgery, too, then he would feel more secure about you. You would be investing in each other. Good luck to you both!