Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks post op

Hi all I was wondering how people had got on in the first 2 months after surgery. Is anyone struggling with weight loss??

I am losing but not at all at the rate I thought I would. It's a couple of pounds a week after my stall.

I am losing but not at all at the rate I thought I would. It's a couple of pounds a week after my stall.

I was at a stall four weeks out and then before i knew it weight started falling again. They say when you have only 100 lbs or less to lose, the weight loss will happen at a slower pace

I have 180 pounds to lose so that isn't the problem. I have been doing more exercise then I think I have ever done so I'm not sure what's going on

I have 180 pounds to lose so that isn't the problem. I have been doing more exercise then I think I have ever done so I'm not sure what's going on

You have to just try and be patient. Trust me, it will start coming off when you least expect it. When i was on a stall people still kept saying everyday how skinny im getting, think of it this way, when your on a stall, your most likely losing inches. But trust me when i say, the weight will start to fall off. I was stuck at the same time u were and then BOOM started coming off again

And also, a couple pounds a week is great! Every person is completely different with their surgery. Not everyone loses the weight fast. Besides, a slower weight loss is a good thing, less loose skin

Edited by valkyrie88

I guess so do you have any idea as to what helps the weight come off ??? I'll try anything at this point

I guess so do you have any idea as to what helps the weight come off ??? I'll try anything at this point

Honestly i would just keep working out and getting in your Protein. U cant really do much else to make it go faster. Sadly, it happens at its own pace. Do u eat/snack daily? I was an my doc told me at a follow up not too, just three meals a day of protein an then thats when i started losing faster.

Yeah as I was told not to go more then 3 to 4 hours without eating

Nah , my surgeon said all i needed was three meals a day with Protein. And your liquids of course..i use to have so many low calorie Snacks all through out the day an then when i stopped i started losing lol

Nah , my surgeon said all i needed was three meals a day with Protein. And your liquids of course..i use to have so many low calorie Snacks all through out the day an then when i stopped i started losing lol

Your main focus in the early stage is getting in your Protein, thats the most important thing

I'm going to stop as of tomorrow and see what the difference is. In terms of the Protein are you having bars or drinks or using your food ?

I'm going to stop as of tomorrow and see what the difference is. In terms of the Protein are you having bars or drinks or using your food ?

You'll def see a difference. I didnt realize i was adding un necessary calories into my stomach. Also for protein i do meat

Okay thanks what's your daily intake

Number wise idk lol i just try to get Protein at each meal. I can give u example of one of my days lol each day is different. But heres yesterday.

Breakfast- wheat toast & Peanut Butter <-- good Protein

Lunch- cheese steak without roll with mushrooms,onions,hot peppers and green peppers. (Had maybe a cup of this)

Dinner- half chicken breast with string Beans.

I still allow myself a snack a day but i use to snack all day long because like you i thought i had too. But one or two Snacks wont hurt u. But i switched my snack to like carrots and guacamole or a cheese stick rather than popcorn & such