Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been considering this for awhile. My Bmi is at 38.1. A little over 5 ft 5 and 231. I am not diabetic and do not have high blood pressure but but I know I have high cholesterol and I am not sure of the numbers until I have that checked on May 2nd. I am pretty sure I have sleep APNEA, well at least I think I do. I found a iPad app called Dream Pro. I've been using it lately I snore and wake up snore and wake up, and on it goes.I'm not able to tell if I quit breathing, but I have heard silence after I snore. I've got some health issues and I believe silly depression is setting in. I don't get out much or have a lot of friends. I want to like a duck when I walk in addition to the plantar fasciitis.I am also perimenopausal and yes I am incontinent when I laugh or cough, which is due to my weight. I will be 53 in June and at the age of 30 I was 125 pounds and looked anorexic. Believe it or not I've had weight issues all my life and in my early 20s was taking Dexatrim and drinking slim fast. The only diet I have ever tried that worked for me was Atkins but I would lose and gain it back lose and gain it back my top weight was 217 pounds and now it is 231. Right now I am having some pain that appears to be gallbladder pain and tons of belching after drinking cokes and galbladder pain comes into focus after eating fatty meal. I have woken up in the middle of the night doubled over hurting from underneath my breast and chest to,my back I had a ultrasound done today she saw no gallstones however she said that that does not necessarily mean that my gallbladder has stopped functioning. They are waiting for the radiologist to look at the ultrasound. I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopic on May 19. They found a cyst in my kidneys but as of today that has gone away. It was discovered after-my sixth or seventh time having kidney stones, in addition to a small hernia. I am also asthmatic and have had pneumonia with a 7 mm score in the right lower lung.

Now that you've heard my story and journey begins on May 4. I had several people at work trying to talk me out of it. I'm not sure if it's jealousy or what. I know it's hard and I'm probably not prepared for actually how hard it will be. I'm not even sure if I'm a candidate. I have talked to someone at the clinic and they said it sounds like that they maybe able to get me qualified. I don't have a lot of history on seeing doctors concerning my weight. So I'm not sure if that's a prerequisite for the insurance which is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. Based on one girl that I talked with at work she just needed the 2 comorbidities and the BMI of 35.

I am trying to figure out how do you know what surgery is best if the doctor gives you a choice between the sleeve of gastric bypass. I am a stress eater and I eat when I'm bored.I love sweetsI love my cokes. However mentally the idea of eating food and all of this food makes me want to cry. It's like I get depressed at the amount of food I am eating. I Actually feel disgusting. I do not have an eating disorder such as bulimia, but I do over eat. I don't know when to quit. Good news is I no longer drink, I quit that about a year ago October. And I don't smoke. I am doing this for my health. I'm tired of feeling the way that I feel. I'm not married I've never married no children no boyfriend I'm an only child and Only grandchild on both sides of the family. I don't have a big support system.But one thing I do have is Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. And with him I will get through this

I have read a few stories on here and concerns and I'm starting to get scared especially with the acid reflux. I know that the sleeve is not a fix for weight-loss but it's a tool. I'm also not a big Water drinker, and that is a concern.

I know this is a long story and I apologize in advance for it. But all comments are welcome. Thank you

Hi there! Welcome! I'm new here also. I am Charity, 46 days post op. 40lbs lost.

I have become an advocate for weight loss surgery, mainly the sleeve. Bypass comes with a few more hassles that sleeve doesn't and sleeve doesn't mess with your intestines.

During my EGD (down the throat look before surgery) they found a hernia, though I had not experienced reflux yet. During my sleeve, they just stitched it up. So maybe, if you have something similar it can actually be fixed.

My journey, thought only 46 days post, has been uncomplicated and my battles have only been with myself. I hadn't yet developed health concerns and I KNOW this surgery saved me from what was coming. I also knew that I had tried so many things over the last 10 years and nothing ever worked. This journey has taught me so much about myself and my relationship with food, physiology involved, and real physical/chemical challenges that we as morbidly obese face when trying to lose weight. We have some responsibility, for sure, and we know what we've done to get there. But the fixes are even harder to overcome- and torturous.

This has been the best thing I've done for myself. But you have to decide if you AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD is ready for the lifestyle change.

I am lucky to have the best support at home. The last thing someone going through this needs is the people close to them making it harder!

The first couple phases out of surgery can be tough. Wanting the stuff you used to and not being able to eat it. But they are just phases. And with right plan and support you will be eating good food that you can feel good eating bc you know you are giving your body what it needs.

I'm still not skinny but I'm 40 lbs down and I feel great, every day. I have energy, I don't get ups and down that sugar and bad carbs can give you, I'm even keeled every day and ready.

I miss Taco Bell, I do. And one day I will have something small from there, but I am eating good food that tastes good and I feel great. And every week that goes by and the scale come down a point or two brings me motivation to keep going.

I never knew I felt so bad until I felt this good. And that's the truth.