Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering besides weight goals, what are some of your other goals that you want to achieve? Mine - run the half marathon in Disney with my brother, sister - in - law and husband.

oh wow - thats an awesome goal to have - I'd never heard of the disney half marathon until just now - just looked it up - looks great!

I have achieved several of my goals over the last year and a half:

-Cross my legs easily ✅

-Sit comfortably on an airplane seat ✅

-Cut up my Lane Bryant credit card ✅

-Wear Skinny jeans from the skinny side of the store ( size 6) ✅

-Give up soda for good. ( easier than I ever thought possible for me)✅

-Ask for a raise and a promotion✅✅

- Wear heels again , not just to weddings. ✅

-normal BMI✅

- Take s cruise to the Bahamas and manage to not "fear" the buffet✅

- learned to bake again, that was another thing that I was afraid to do, because I didn't trust myself. ✅

- favorite goal-> having my husband of 33 years put his arms ALL the way around me. ✅❤️

Still to be achieved :

- 5 k ( October 2015)

- walk around the Grand Canyon ( June 2015)

- wear a bathing suit out in public

- TT/ panni -

- ride a motorcycle

As shallow as this sounds, one of my biggest reasons for having WLS beside my health was I wanted to be able to comfortably lay out in a beach chair. I wanted to be able to easily get up and down and even roll from my stomach to my back. My favorite thing to do is lay out on the beach or beside my pool. For the last three summers I have been too heavy to do this.

Now ten months post op and 119 pounds later I had the best day at the beach this week. My chair was comfortable again!!

My next goal is to hike part of the Appalachian trail this summer, who knew the new me would love adventure.

I want to hike again, ski again, not feel hypocritical as the executive director of a health related non profit, camp, garden, roller skate, fit in an airplane seat, wear a sleeveless shirt, and just feel energetic and healthy. On my way.

want to take my daughter to six flags and actually ride the rides with her... and I cant wait to play sports again! Really miss that a lot.

So much things I want to do... most of all be around for a very long time for my babies.

I love this thread!! Some my goals include:

•Sitting comfortably in all planes

•Wearing a swimsuit without a skirted bottom to hide my thighs

•Wear a sleeveless top/ dress without a shrug

•To have visible muscles in my arms

•Go zip lining in Vegas.

•Feel comfortable doing anything I want do and not worrying about weight limits and what others (myself) are thinking of me!

I love these responses! I too want to go zip lining at hunter mountain (by where I live on the Catskills) and parasailing at ocean city md on this summers vacation!