Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New "addiction"?

I have always loved the gym (former football/baseball player) even when I was big after my playing days I loved lifting weights! When I lost weight and got in shape to join the Army I was a 7 day a week exerciser! 6 days of P90X and also running or lifting weights on top of the P90X! I was bench pressing over 400lbs and my squats were in the high 400s as well! I Joined the Army weighing 272 but was at 14% body fat, after my injury I was not able to lift any more because of the pain, which caused me to gain 125 lbs! Since my surgery I have lost that 125 and then some, I go to the gym 3 days a week and work out with my baseball players I coach! They hate when they get punished and I do the exercises with then b/c they know they are working till I get tired!

I can't lift as much as I used to but I feel the strength coming back fast! The difference in the gym now is I see my muscle tone developing whereas before I would just get "big", so, that just motivates me more.

This is all to myself better but it is also pretty awesome that my wife can't stop rubbing my chest and arms. When we are out I know another female is has been "caught" checking me out b/c the wife has a big grin on her face and snuggles a little tighter.

Edited by KingMoose

@KingMoose... That is awesome... you are a tall one. So i s my hubby... Saw your before and after... you are doing a great job

I don't have the body i want right now... but the attention and looks from men/woman is intoxicating....

@bayougirlmrsc love the thread... made me laugh, including the bit at the end. for me it is living life. still holding back on buying clothes. I have bought barely anything because I am wait until I hit goal. keep it up!

c7edfd413c043088322916ba487e0ed7.jpg

The only thing I'm buying is gym clothes and that's because I keep needing to replace stuff and they get too big. I've always been a fashion gal. No sensible clothes in dark colors for me. I like bright trendy things. I also have more so much makeup that's it's temporarily housed in a suitcase while I redo my bedroom. I had really nice clothes and apparently couldn't bear to part with a lot of it so I've been shopping my bins as I purge for home renovations. I've found clothes my Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfinger, Elizabeth Clairborne, Jones New York and Ralph Lauren to name a few. I was a 30/32 when sleeved and I'm finding clothes all the way down to a size 16! I think if I play my cards right, I won't have to buy anything but necessities & gym clothes for some time.

I'm also having a blast donating clothes to goodwill and selling the really nice stuff.

@Rovobay.... Thanks, I'm a Leo with a type A personality... so i love love being center of attention....

why are you waiting.... i did the same thing when i started losing. I thought why buy clothes if they will be too big next month..... But then a friend said, girl those clothes look like crap on you... you need to go get something that fit, you know something you have to actually unbutton to take off....

So i did, and they way i felt in the clothes gave me such inspiration to keep losing more and more... So i say to you.... go, buy you some thing that fits... it will make you feel so much better. If you don't want to spend a lot, go to a second hand store... trust me it will be better than what your wearing now.

Even though im at 150ish.... i still feel incredibly great today.

The only thing I'm buying is gym clothes and that's because I keep needing to replace stuff and they get too big. I've always been a fashion gal. No sensible clothes in dark colors for me. I like bright trendy things. I also have more so much makeup that's it's temporarily housed in a suitcase while I redo my bedroom. I had really nice clothes and apparently couldn't bear to part with a lot of it so I've been shopping my bins as I purge for home renovations. I've found clothes my Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfinger, Elizabeth Clairborne, Jones New York and Ralph Lauren to name a few. I was a 30/32 when sleeved and I'm finding clothes all the way down to a size 16! I think if I play my cards right, I won't have to buy anything but necessities & gym clothes for some time.

I'm also having a blast donating clothes to goodwill and selling the really nice stuff.

Girl... sell that on Ebay... or bring to a consignment store.... You look like a lady that knows fashion... I'm clueless... i just pick some thing that make me look and feel hot... heheheheh

I actually stopped giving to Good will. I give them clothes, they turn around and sell them for pour profit.... so i started donating to organizations that help woman get back on their feet... i also give to woman's shelters and church groups.

I've got 3 piles:

• Goodwill - I don't care that they sell for profit they also hire developmentally delayed folks to work at their sorting centers. I worked for many years in social services. I've seen what this means to a developmentally limited adult to have a job.
  • Selling - Some of the really nice stuff and also a few items I have that still have tags on them. Just trying to recoop some of the money I spent on them.
  • My congregation - There are a few folks in my congregation who could use nice things. Stuff like Sunday dresses/skirts I'm giving to them.

I want to be fair, but mostly I just need to clear this stuff out.

We have a local place here that's been around for yearssss call T.A.R.C. it's for mentally handicapped people and the have a thrift store call The Cedar Chest. they also have a country store with restaurant. they work both place and i love them both.

Our local GW does not employ the handicapped which is sad. I use to give all my stuff to GW and shop there. During my WL it was my go to place.

Love your three piles..... Purge purge purge... heheheh

I have replaced my food addiction with shisha smoking but what can I do I hate shopping.

My addictions are off the scale these days

Looking for a holy hell drop dead clothing...its amazing to find dresses to go out on the town with my husband and see his jaw drop. Love him. Oh yes! even work out clothing.

Finding music to fuel my inner bad ass at the gym.

Gym Gym and Gym!!!! loving running and strength training. Running for race for the cure this weekend in memory of my mother. Great way to Celebrate mothers day.

Make up tutorials on youtube. Wow what a difference this has made. When I reached a small goal I invested in some make up. nice treat. Even great self tanning info..Just in time for summer.

[*]My congregation - There are a few folks in my congregation who could use nice things. Stuff like Sunday dresses/skirts I'm giving to them."

Does your church have a rummage sale? My Mom's did - everything is donated and the ladies hung them on hangars. You fill a bag with as much as you like for a set price. When they have a book sale, same scenario, only the bag is $1.00!

No. I just bagged up some stuff and took it over.

I Pinterest foods... All the time. I touch my collarbones all the time, now that I have them... Lol. I also did the pretty panty thing.

@@Kasey I had to lol, I molest my collarbone all day long and they're not even quite yet visible just more prominent.

@@Kasey I had to lol, I molest my collarbone all day long and they're not even quite yet visible just more prominent.

Lol It's so different right! I am constantly touching them, patting them... Just because