Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New "addiction"?

Love this topic.....keep it coming, folks! I can't wait to see what my new addiction will be after surgery in May.

@MistyAnnMoon829

You've done so well! I remember reading the diary you kept here of your first month post-op. It was great. I'm tickled you're having so much fun. :)

Question: What have you replaced your "food addition" with?

.......I would have said sex... but i don't think "by yourself" counts.... lol

Would it count if it was with B.O.B.? :)

I have a crazy addiction buying workout clothes. I have never in my life liked exercise much less owned athletic gear/clothes. Now I can't get enough. I am also addicted to exercise. I feel so much better after I workout that I want to go to the gym everyday.

I think it's because I feel my body getting stronger, gaining muscle, and becoming more fit. I was so out of shape and overweight before. Just the other day I was running and had the thought.. "I run because I can!!"

I have to get back in the gym and remember that feeling of... Wow, i feel great. I have been horrible about it. But, being about to wear cute workout clothes does make a difference.... I found it made me feel really good about my self and noticing the men/woman noticing me... didn't hurt.

@MistyAnnMoon829

You've done so well! I remember reading the diary you kept here of your first month post-op. It was great. I'm tickled you're having so much fun. :)

I still keep up with that diary on occasion. I just updated it recently! I can't not be having fun. I'm so happy. I almost bought ANOTHER dress last night! I need shoppers anon. :) Thanks for your support, you've always been awesome!

i say.... buy that dresss... new pair of shoes.... work out clothes.... sexy underware.... What ever makes us happy... That's what matters....

I find myself addicted to looking in the mirror or at pictures of myself now vs. 1 year ago. Every time I look in the mirror I think who is that person looking back at me.

Also I am addicted to wearing clothes that actually fit me now. I was so used to hiding my body that I bought everything larger than it needed to be. Now, I cannot stand when I put something on and it's saggy or baggy. I want to look nice all the time. So, shopping is something I love to do when I can.

I was always a shopaholic and I always bought sexy bras. They cost a pretty penny at a 46 DDD! Now I am addicted to cute workout clothes and I just bought a new helmet and matching backpack for my bike.

@@Swampdoggie,

You made me spit out my coffee, decorating a gourd!!!! Bwhahaha! Oh my, I hear you though. I'm painting my nails and grooming my eyebrows. I even became a consultant for a skin care company! Stuff I NEVER would have dreamed of before. I was all about sensible shoes and clothing!

I spend more time on social media outlets like the face space, Pinterest, Houzz, Instagram....If it keeps from eating I'm cool...for now. I'm reading more, too, so that's nice.

def more clothes! and im buying colors, bright ones! otherwise i'd live in black or navy blue. buying more skirts as well is great. it's becoming an exp habit now because all i want to do is shop and love how i can fit into a S or a M :D

Definitely clothes shopping, thankful for Goodwill where I can get really nice clothes for way less than retail ! Todays great buy ? A beautiful CASHMERE sweater in a pretty rich purple color, $12.99 !! And a very new 1 piece bathing suit , $6.00 ! Yep, clothes and cute flat boots work for me ! That, and finally learning to cook (thankyou Pinterest !) are my obsessions !

Ahhh…the replacement addiction! Looks like shopping is pretty popular around…and that’s great choice compared to alternatives like alcohol and smoking! I’m solidly in the “loves working out” crowd of WLS’ers. I love how many of you combine shopping with working out as an addiction – buying new workout clothes and looking good in them!

Personally, I’m not really one for shopping. I’d have to say my replacement addiction for food is life. It meets the requirements…I chase it until I overdose on it. I love it and since getting the lap-band, I just keep going whether it’s with BariatricPal or working out or taking care of my kids. I let life run me into the ground before I stop, so I guess it counts as an addiction. A great one, though!

I love this thread! The things I do have really surprised me because I did this for health reasons only- I couldn't care less about fashion! However, it is so much fun to buy nicer clothing that fits and looks good that I am having great fun! Another thing I am enjoying is being able to enjoy walking without huffing and puffing!