Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New "addiction"?

Question: What have you replaced your "food addiction" with?

Me.... I can't stop buying sexy underwear.... I know it's crazy. But one of the first things i did was threw out all the un-sexy white high-wasted cotton draws..... Now i look forward each month to getting the coupon in the mail from VS. My underwear drawer use to be a sea of white ugliness..... now it bright and cheerful....

I would have said sex... but i don't think "by yourself" counts.... lol

I love to work out so I'm always buying new shoes and cute work out cloths.

Lol, your post made me laugh. I think clothes in general have been something I have really enjoyed after weight loss. I just finished my last plastics procedure and for the first time ever I look pretty decent in lingerie so I too have started buying an array of fun frilly things.

This reminds me of when I escaped from a mean ol' rotten ex-husband. One of his crazy-makers was that I had to wear men's white cotton socks like he did. My first night away from him, I bought some Hershey Kisses socks at the truck stop where I ate dinner. Boy, that started it. I could not stop buying "girl" socks of all kinds. By the time I was six months away from him, I had a couple hundred pairs of girly socks.

My new addiction is clothing related also. Now that I can wear a smaller bra, I get pretty ones that I have to pay good money for - not the $6 cheapos on sale at Walmart. It is still cheaper than all the money I was spending on nine medications pre-op.

What have you replaced your "food addition" with?

@@bayougirlmrsc

i have acquired a magnet in my tummy :blink:

draws me to this board all the time :)

kathy

SHOPPING!! I feel like I am buying something new at least once a week. I am now small enough to shop on Wish (Chinese app/website) I still have to buy the biggest sizes but at their prices, IDC. Just this month alone from Savers/Goodwill/Wish/Target/Amazon/Ebay I have gotten a new swimsuit, 5 new dresses, several (means I can't remember!!) new tops, 2 pairs of capri yoga pants, French maid costume, peek a boo booty panties, and I can't stop.

I also just bought an epilator to do home hair removal instead of shaving every other day and waxing every 4 weeks at $50 a pop. So saving money in waxing to put towards buying more clothes. >D

Every time I purge my closet I fill it back up in about 3 months. I even shop out of my best friends closet as well. Guys, I think I need an intervention!

Oh, and Sex, definitely addicted to sex now that it is easier to move around.

Edited by MistyAnnMoon829

I do lots of shopping as well. I used to buy too much because I still had the 'if it fits, get it in every color' mentality. Then I bought too much because I was so excited to go into smaller sizes. Finally, I'm starting to realize that I can shop anywhere..not just in 'women's' sections so I can be much more discerning now so I try to only buy what I love.

I'm getting there, but thank goodness I live alone because my closets are ready to explode. :P Oh..and along with the new clothes, are lots of new shoes, bags and purses, and fashion jewelry. Thank goodness my food bill is so much less money.. :rolleyes:

Buying cute workout outfits and working out, more specifically, lifting weights. Literally...it is my OBSESSION! I have to force myself to take a rest day, and even at that I will run or do crossfit. I am obsessed with building lean muscle mass, finding new ways to lift to shock my muscles, and eating foods that will maximize my workout potential and muscle building. I read every article, research anything and all that has to do working out and eating right. I LOVE IT!!!!

you know my wife has lost about 35 pounds along side me losing mine. and she said the other day , its so hard to stop shopping for workout clothes. and this from a couple ( me and the wife) who used to make fun of people dressdin yoga pant or workout clothes all the time. Now we do it. I guess maybe it was a defense mechanism. anyway. well that and weighing myself, its become more than a habit with me, and i cannot stop. lol

Clothes! Even 6 years out, I am obsessed. I will never take for granted being able to wear pretty dresses. At my heaviest I couldn't find a single dress that looked nice. I shop waaay more than I should but I at least find good deals. For a little while, I was swimsuit addict too, but I ran out of room so I've cut that one out.

Also, truthfully, for the first year after my surgery I was obsessed with looking at myself in the mirror. Thankfully, that one is gone because it was embarrassing, but I couldn't help it! It was so weird to see myself in a smaller, healthier body. :P

This reminds me of when I escaped from a mean ol' rotten ex-husband. One of his crazy-makers was that I had to wear men's white cotton socks like he did. My first night away from him, I bought some Hershey Kisses socks at the truck stop where I ate dinner. Boy, that started it. I could not stop buying "girl" socks of all kinds. By the time I was six months away from him, I had a couple hundred pairs of girly socks.

My new addiction is clothing related also. Now that I can wear a smaller bra, I get pretty ones that I have to pay good money for - not the $6 cheapos on sale at Walmart. It is still cheaper than all the money I was spending on nine medications pre-op.

@@Miss Mac Why did he make you wear man socks? good thing he's an ex... lol

@@gowalking I agree with the shoes... the sexier and higher the better. Few new additions...

I wish i could buy the matching bras.... but they don't make many cute ones in a 34H.... hehe

post-74134-0-06596300-1429814579_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-04500100-1429814594_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-62728200-1429814602_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-37448800-1429814604_thumb.jpg

I'm 5 weeks out and have been obsessed pre-surgery and now with finding the "perfect" drinking cup. Started with needing to have incremental measurements so I could see how well i was doing. Now I spent $25 for one that is supposed to keep my drink cold for 18 hours. I can't wait to move into something more wild like panties or sex, even if it's with myself!

I have gone crazy with expensive face products, teeth whitening and makeup, which this old tomboy was never into before. When I was young, youth was enough, and when I was fat, I felt there was no sense decorating a gourd. Now that youth is a memory but I'm not so overweight, I find I want to try to look pretty but need the help of products (at which I am inept at using. Thank heavens for YouTube).

Definitely going to the gym...the rewards are incredible.....and keep getting better!!!

I'm 63 years old, and there is nothing better than getting on the treadmill and start running, and keep up with and not stop till those around me who are 1/2 my age or younger, quit with exhaustion!

There was a time I could not carry groceries into the house with getting short of breath and exhausted.

Addiction? I replaced my thoughts of food with thoughts of vaping-nonstop. Havnt picked it up yet though. :(