Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved last August and have since lost about 90 pounds. Ive gone from a size 24 to a 12. But I seem to have GONE UP in cup size! Does this make any sense? Is it because my boobs are saggier? I'm so confused and having so much trouble finding a decent bra.

I used to be a 42 D.

I recently got fit for the same Soma bra I currently own (which is stretched out). The woman measured me as a 38 B. But then I tried on the B, C, D, and finally the 38DD and I felt like I was still spilling out of it.

Since then, I have tried on 38 and 40 D's and DD's and I can't find a single bra where I'm not spilling over the cups and getting that 4 boob look-even with full coverage cups.

I'm getting super frustrated, because I was not expecting this. How can my cup size have gone up after losing 90s pounds?

Anyone? Help.

Oh no, this is the last thing I need. Already a DD, no bigger please! I hope it is not the norm. Sorry I can't help.

Smaller band (torso) will increase cup size.

Cup size (the letter) is the difference between the band and the fullest part of the breast.

Don't worry, your boobs aren't getting bigger. I am a 34DDD which is the same thing as a 36DD and a 38D in the actual cup sizes. I was a 36DDD when I was at my largest and I dropped to a 34DDD after plastic surgery. Even though the DDD part is the same, the physical cup on the 36DDD is bigger than on the 34DDD. Also, sometimes if they are out of a style I want, or they don't carry it in a DDD, I can go up to the 36DD, which tends to be a little loose in the band, but the cups fit perfectly.

Don't worry, your boobs aren't getting bigger. I am a 34DDD which is the same thing as a 36DD and a 38D in the actual cup sizes. I was a 36DDD when I was at my largest and I dropped to a 34DDD after plastic surgery. Even though the DDD part is the same, the physical cup on the 36DDD is bigger than on the 34DDD. Also, sometimes if they are out of a style I want, or they don't carry it in a DDD, I can go up to the 36DD, which tends to be a little loose in the band, but the cups fit perfectly.

They call this "sister sizes". I hate a tight bra, and even when they measure me I prefer to go up a band size and down a cup size for the comfort.

It sounds like you could benefit from having a professional fitting. I prefer Nordstrom but Victoria's Secret will do it too. They say most of us are wearing the wrong size bra.

Hooray for bigger boobs!

Hooray for bigger boobs!

Men. :rolleyes:

I wish they got bigger!

As others have said the cup size is the difference between the rib cage and the largest measurement around. Basically if the projection is 1" it's an A cup, 2" is a B cup etc.

Most American women wear the wrong size bra because the truth is a D cup (4" projection) is actually average not a large size at all. So must people go up in band since when they shouldn't, the strain of the bra should be on the band not the straps and the band should not ride up in the back, it if does it's too big.

Let me add more confusion. A "DDD" can be equal to a E depending on the brand.

Let me add more confusion. A "DDD" can be equal to a E depending on the brand.

Yeah that always confuses me because sometimes an E = DD and sometimes E = DD which is why i can't buy bras online!!!!!

I just want them to shrink. Try buying a 46dd. Didn't think to try 44ddd !please Lord don't let them sag

I use to be a 34b, at least that is what I thought it was in my early 30's. Come to find out I was at 34a.

Just noticed today that mine are getting smaller... if they shrink too much, I may consider surgery. I'm only a D cup now.