Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 days post op today. Feeling much better than the last two days. I can drink up to 4 oz very slowly and carefully, but have to be careful not to over do it. Each day really does improve drastically. I actually went out to get a few things from the store this morning. And I havent had to use pain meds for two days now. I wouldnt say 100% normal but at least 45% right now. I just don't want to rush things cause Lord knows it took years for me to get here so time will get me back to good health.

I was able to return to work 1 week post op but I have a very sedentary job. I was able to shop and take short walks at this time. I did not completely feel normal and back to pre op energy levels til week 5.

I am six days post op today. Taking a couple of walks a day and am getting about 90 ounces of Fluid in per day. My stomach did not like the chewable Vitamin so I am going to ask my Dr. at my appointment tomorrow for another vitamin suggestion.

I could fake it pretty well at 2 weeks -- and did feel better.

But I was OK at one month out.

Hubby and I canceled a cruise we'd scheduled for 2 months post-op. By the time I was 2 months out I realized I could have TOTALLY gone on that cruise with no problem.

Oh,well ....

I'm 5 days post op and I've had no real issues. Was up and around day after surgery. Also able to drink all the Protein Shakes prescribed with no difficulty. I cut out the pain mess a couple days ago and while sore it's not unmanageable. I guess it's just different for everybody. Looking forward to soft foods next week. Good luck.

I'm 5 days post op and I've had no real issues. Was up and around day after surgery. Also able to drink all the Protein shakes prescribed with no difficulty. I cut out the pain mess a couple days ago and while sore it's not unmanageable. I guess it's just different for everybody. Looking forward to soft foods next week. Good luck.[/quote

At 5 days do you feel weak and hungry?

I remember feeling almost completely normal at around 5 weeks. Each week gets easier and easier. You are pretty tired and weak the first couple weeks. And not so much "real" hunger, but more head hunger while you're still on liquids. That subsides a lot as soon as you can start eating pureeds or soft food.< /p>

I am six days post op today. Taking a couple of walks a day and am getting about 90 ounces of Fluid in per day. My stomach did not like the chewable Vitamin so I am going to ask my Dr. at my appointment tomorrow for another Vitamin suggestion.

I am using the Vitamelts and just put in for another order. There is absolutely no chewing they melt in your mouth and the flavors are great too. They have other suppliments too besides the Multivitamin. I get mine online from Swanson online. Hope this info helps. I also got Calcium Gummy bears today.

I am six days post op today. Taking a couple of walks a day and am getting about 90 ounces of Fluid in per day. My stomach did not like the chewable Vitamin so I am going to ask my Dr. at my appointment tomorrow for another Vitamin suggestion.

I am using the Vitamelts and just put in for another order. There is absolutely no chewing they melt in your mouth and the flavors are great too. They have other suppliments too besides the Multivitamin. I get mine online from Swanson online. Hope this info helps. I also got Calcium Gummy bears today.

Vitamelts just got added to my list of things to get for post op lol!!! Thx

I had a pretty easy time of it. I felt pretty much back to normal about a week in.

I didn't have to do clears. I was on full liquids from day 1. My phases were 2 wks full liquids, 2 wks purees, 2 wks soft food then everything as tolerated.

I am 7 days post-op and feel really great. Work at home, but did take a week off just in case. For me, I drink 8oz 3x day Premier Protein (buy at Costco). Found that half-n-half mixture of the choco and vanilla makes it taste like choco milk. Easy for me to get it down in about 2-3 mins. Getting in 64oz Water each day is difficult, not because can't get down, just don't like to drink that much Water all day. But, with the 24oz of PP and drinking about 20oz water and then a cup of skim milk before bedtime, that should suffice. My one week post-op appt if Friday and my Doc plans to transition me to soft foods. Cant wait, since I have been on liquid diet for 3+ weeks (2 before surg and 1 after). RC