Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out and still having regret...

Well, I keeping asking myself why did I do this? Did I give my sleeve enough of a chance? I was 28m out with my sleeve when I had my surgery in late Feb. Even though my major problem was corrected (acid reflux) with the conversion, I am disappointed.

The first 5 weeks involved major pain (10+) due to the fact that I ripped up my internal sutures. So for the first 10-14 days, I was couch and bed bound. Surprise, surprise I developed bilateral pneumonia. I had a headache and major bed spins for 4 weeks. Then I developed influenza A and was hospitalized for a possible clot in my lung. No clot after being scanned and rescanned, thank God. But at that same time I was admitted back to the hospital for severe dehydration.

As I return to my doctors office after 6 weeks, I have lost 14 pounds. My doctor tried to remind me that I lost over 90 with my sleeve and what we did with the conversion, it was mainly to correct the GERD issue. Weight loss was secondary. He said the weight will come off, just at a different weight.

Frustrated.

You will get there. The first 3 months suck but then you will feel so much better. I find better to go through a disaster then live a disaster that never ends. GERD can be a disaster that never ends. I'm sure right now It's hard but keep sipping all day. I liked herbal tea at a tepid temperature. It seemed to comfort my stomach. I used sweetener and about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar per tea cup and I could handle that small amount just fine.

This is what worries me as i have developed GERD since being sleeved. It's currently under control via meds, but surgeon advised if it gets worse i will have to have a bypass to rectify it. I so do not want another operation as already i have had a revision - lapband to sleeve. I am just not mentally ready for another surgery.

Please keep us posted.

Wish you all the best with your weight loss journey.

Ugh! You all make me feel like I made the right decision going with bypass. I had reflux and germ to begin with and was advised to move forward with bypass. I fought it at first but am so glad that I listened to my doctors.

I see so many people on this site who already suffer with reflux/germ and they are so scared to go bypass.

I have not had a single episode of heart burn, reflux or term and I am 7 months post op.

I hope you guys feel better soon.

Gerd, not germ. Stupid auto correct!

So sorry.

I had a bypass and I am having very bad reflux, I don't know if is gerd or if is surgery related. Last week I had so much pain and couldn't drink or eat much, dr give me double dose omeprazole and carafate, feeling better now. Can't get enough Protein in, some food cause me to vomit, because the reflux. I burb a lot every single sip of Water, tea, or Protein Shake.

I too second guess my decision to get the revision. My GERD is gone however I have such a hard time eating. My pouch is super small and everything I eat upsets it. I was finally at a place with my sleeve where I could comfortably eat and now I'm back to the beginning only this time I can't keep anything down. I feel like I'm slowly starving because my nutrition is so bad right now. My energy levels have crashed. I go in next week for my blood work and then see the doctor. On the brighter side I'm almost at goal which is very good. Now if I can only get everything else to line up.

I had Gastric bypass on Thursday April 23rd. My doctor insist on me staying here until Monday or Tuesday. I still have my drain, I am on airflow oxygen, nothing to eat or drink since the Wednesday before surgery. The doctor wants to do the liquid test on Monday to see if my new stomach will function properly. I have not been hungry, but I am in so much pain and I am on pain meds every 4 hours. When does it goes away? This pain is worst than a c-section and I am starting to regret the surgery.

By six months out you will be feeling much better. Takes time to adjust.

Doesn't take six months to heal. But I noticed that things got much better and I was able to tolerate more foods after I hit the six month mark.

My gerd is awful im revising to bypass i was a band to a sleeve but the reflux is so bad vomiting everyday hard to Excercise down to 187 im scared but the acid is awful

My gerd is awful im revising to bypass i was a band to a sleeve but the reflux is so bad vomiting everyday hard to Excercise down to 187 im scared but the acid is awful

I had a bypass and I have lots of reflux on omeprazole + carafate I can't eat much

I just revised from sleeve to mini bypass on Thursday 4/23. I didn't have GERD but my sleeve was stretched and I was regaining quickly. I never expected to feel emotionally the way I am with this surgery. Physically I'm great but emotionally I'm freaking out like "what did i just do to myself" I'm on Clear liquids and they are going down fine, I'm hoping it gets better soon. I'm just scared to death I'll never be able to eat anything again without getting sick or dumping !

I had some complications at 6 weeks out after my gastric bypass and couldn't eat without vomiting. I had a bad stricture. But after the scope, I've been great! It takes time to work through these issues. I look back now that I'm almost 7 months out and realize it was all worth it! I'm 114 pounds lighter and I feel amazing!

I had a bypass and I have lots of reflux on omeprazole + carafate I can't eat much

Me too!!! I'm only on omperazole and food always seems to get stuck no matter how much I chew or the size of bite. I'm 30 lbs down 6 weeks post op but not able to eat much at all