Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just starting out and live in Houston, TX. I went to my first seminar on 4-14-2015. Just looking for others in Houston going through this journey.

I'm in Houston! I'm going through True Results. Everything has gone smoothly thus far, except for the fact that I've gained weight during my weight loss visits. How are things going for you?

Thanks for responding. I am going through the military treatment facility in San Antonio. I am retired Army. My insurance wouldn't allow me to get the sleeve and I didn't want the lap band. Everything is going good so far, I am just working on my pre op checklist and trying to drop some weight.

How far into your pre-op checklist are you? I have two weight loss visits left, an endoscopy, my PCP visit and then wait for insurance approval.

I am just starting. I have to go to 3 nutrition classes, 2 support group meetings, psych, and blood work. I should have this done by June 10th. I have everything scheduled.

I'm in Houston and my surgery is this Thursday!! Yay! My surgeon is Dr. Kenneth Hollis at Southeast Memorial. Took me 5 months to get here!! Woohoo!

Congrats. I am so happy for you. I hope everything goes well and you meet your goals.

I'm in Houston also!

I started the process on 3/3 and will be having surgery 5/11 (hopefully) I was only required to do one nutrition visit and a psy eval with Blue Cross of Tx

I started out with True Results-Hated their lack of communication

then went to Dr Now (from the TLC show my 600 lbs life)- office was way to unorganized

Went to see my current doctor whom I love Dr Mehta with UT physicians and he used all of my testing from the prior doctors. Only thing I had to do was see his nutritionist and get approved which didn't take long.

Congrats. I know your happy to have a date. I originally tried to go through my insurance (Tricare Prime) with Dr. Reilly at the West Houston Medical Center to get the lap band. They haven't worked with too many military veterans before. So I ended up being told to call my insurance and see what their requirements were. Then the patient care advocate never contacted me. I did the nutrition and psych and blood work but they acted like they didn't care. So I just went to the Army base in San Antonio and they told me they would take care of me.

@@dbrown156 that's good, that was my issues, I wanted to find a place that seem to care, and True Results was great at first but after the 1st visit they really don't care, now they are blowing my phone up because I refuse to communicate with them.

@@heartonmysleeve82 thanks. Glad you were able to find what you wanted too. True Results wouldn't take my insurance at all. I just felt like Dr. Reilly's office doesn't care until you get everything approved. They are very unprofessional.

@@dbrown156 and I was trying hard to get him as my surgeon I've heard great things about him but knowing that I would have left I cant stand unprofessional workers especially dealing with my health.

@heartonmysleeve82. He was great when I did my consult. Made me feel like he really knew what he was doing. They tried to get me to go through his true results clinic but I told them they won't take my insurance. After that I was getting the cold shoulder. They wouldn't return my phone calls, I always had to call them, and the secretary was the only one who would work with me. I did a bad review on their site and plan on reporting them. My Doctor works in the same hospital and he was very upset.

hi everyone I'm in houston,tx ...I'm actually 3 months postop with sleeve ...it was a long journey to get here started with true result and didn't have good communication but continued on through approval but stopped when I got connected with Dr hollis's office because they were unprofessional and didn't return calls...so I went to Dr Now and his process was to long...so I ended up using Dr Spiegel bcc I had a lot of friend who went through him and they had really good results and his process is quick he doesn't have a good bedside manner but he knows how to do his job...

@llali82. Congrats. My very first consult was with Dr. Spiegel. He did seem kind of cold but their process seemed like it was very fast. He wanted me to get the sleeve because I used to be a power lifter and carry a lot of muscle mass. They just didn't take my insurance. The Army base I am going through has already contacted me three times in a week and set all of my appointments. My last appointment for the checklist will be June 10.