Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guess I just need reassurance.

11 days post op gastric sleeve.

I started to feel hunger on Friday (it's Sunday morning now)

I had messed up my daily order that day. I had ran out of milk, and was going to go out with my dad to go get more Protein mix and milk. So I had a yogurt instead of a shake. My dad was suppose to pick me up at 10, but was not able to arrive till 12:30. By the time he arrived I was hungry ( I ate about 9 15 am). I got a Protein Shake in and felt better.

I felt hungry again Friday night, and ate two ounces of baby rice Cereal and felt full.

Felt hungry a couple times on Saturday, and I am kinda feeling hungry right now.

I am following all of my surgeons orders (eating 2 ounces 3 times a day of the approved food list. and clear liquid diet in between- Protein shakes and clear liquids)

I am getting about 8 to10 cups of Fluid a day, and getting between 50 and 70 grams of Protein a day. Nausea is under control, and I take 20 mg of an acid reducer twice a day.

Is this normal, does this just mean my pouch (April) is healing and am getting ready to eat pureed diet?

I see my surgeon on Weds, and will be allowed to progress to pureed at that time.

I know this is probably common, but I just need reassurance.

Sorry and thanks in advance.

Ok I did so more research, I found this video.

It was very helpful and reassuring.

I will put it here incase anyone else wants to watch it, or is having the same question I am.

I cant see the video... but It sounds like you are following your doctors plan very closely! You are doing great with the fluids and protein! It sounds like you are right on track.

When you start purees that hunger will be satisfied so much easier!

I feel your pain. I've been hungry since 2 days post op! I can't wait until I'm on purees. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm SO hungry. All I do is think about eating real food. It's torture. I feel like I could eat anything right now. I don't really feel restriction with fluids. Granted, I haven't exceeded 4 ounces in one hour. However, I can easily take in those four ounces in about 10 minutes with zero discomfort. And to be honest, I still crave food even after drinking 4 ounces of liquid or having 4 ounces of Gelatin. It's not like I feel full. I hope this changes when I'm off the liquids only!!

i didnt watch the video, but just be careful and make sure your body is physically hungry and you just don't think you are hungry because you aren't "full" --- I find I used to spend a lot of my time thinking I was hungry but it was just that I wasn't used to not stuffing myself...