Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve yesterday and ended up having 2 hernias removed (didn't know I had them!)

Have been retching/vomiting all last night and all today. So much nausea! Please tell me it gets better!

"This, too, shall pass", and it will! "Time heals all wounds", and it does! Give yourself time and patience, if you have been reading this site, you know we all go through this, and get past it. IT HURTS TO HEAL!!!! All the best to you......

I had a lot of nausea the first 2 days. Ask for nausea meds. It will pass

It definitely gets better! I was nauseous and vomiting 1st day post op as well. I received anti-nausea meds via IV and also had a scopolamine patch placed behind my ear and that helped a lot. 2nd day is a bit easier. 3rd day is best. My doc gave me anti-nausea meds for home as well..i only took one as a precaution the day after I got home and have been fine since (2 weeks post-op now). Hang in there!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I can't believe how much better I feel at 2 days post op. Managing clear broth and camomile tea in little sips. Feeling very bubbly though (sorry tmi) my throat is constantly making gurgling noise. Is this the gas still?

I had my sleeve yesterday and ended up having 2 hernias removed (didn't know I had them!)

Have been retching/vomiting all last night and all today. So much nausea! Please tell me it gets better!

I didn't get sick until 4 days after my surgery that nausea is so bad even today and I'm 4 days from a month of having my surgery we will be ok but I love how my cloth is so loose on me :P Hang in there!

Congrats on having your surgery and good luck. It does get better.

I ended up staying 2 nights in the hospital due to nausea. For me once the general anesthesia wore off, I was great! Congrats on your decision and the best to you.

I, too, got my Sleeve on the 17th. I am still a bit nauseous but it will pass soon I hope.

My main problem is headaches, not in the usual place, but on top of my head. So I am walking around with a wet towel upstairs.

The Soup broth is not very appealing so I am staying with my Water and Vitamins. Not much nutrition from the broth anyway.

Wil

I hope everyone is feeling ok! I am home now and feeling a bit better. Still have that trapped gas feeling in by chest and back but sounds like that will pass. I just tried custard for dinner and it went down fine but was so so sweet it left a horrid taste in my mouth! Going to try yoghurt drink in the Morning. I'm managing about 50ml each meal! Can't really feel if I'm full as all I can feel is gas so don't want to push it.

I hope everyone is feeling ok! I am home now and feeling a bit better. Still have that trapped gas feeling in by chest and back but sounds like that will pass. I just tried custard for dinner and it went down fine but was so so sweet it left a horrid taste in my mouth! Going to try yoghurt drink in the Morning. I'm managing about 50ml each meal! Can't really feel if I'm full as all I can feel is gas so don't want to push it.

We obviously got different instructions. I am allowed only Clear liquids, including broth and Jello, for the first week. I can't try thicker stuff till next week.

I found hot ginger tea to be a huge help with nausea and reflux. I drink a cup every morning.

We obviously got different instructions. I am allowed only Clear Liquids, including broth and Jello, for the first week. I can't try thicker stuff till next week.

How you feeling this morning? I had a good sleep and the only pain I feel is like I have done a big ab workout. Definitely feel like I'm on the mend! It's funny how different surgeons have different instructions! My surgeon just said see what you can handle...he said juices, broth or creamed Soup, yoghurt drinks and custards for 1 - 10 days. I'm not sure what happens after that as I'm meeting the nutritionist today and she will explain.