Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics: Before & After (post your pics here!)

Has anyone gone for the panniculectomy alone? I just had a hysterectomy, and I just don't think I can deal with surgery again. Just wondering...

Thank you for sharing your pictures. Everytime I think I'm OK with my body the way it is, I see how much better it can look and I think all over again that I should go for it. I just hate the idea of more surgery. Maybe in time I'll want it more than dreading how it has to be done.

I can completely understand dreading the pain and potential complications, as well as the down time from work and exercise. But, I do want to mention that all of that is only temporary. I am approaching 4 years out from my plastics, so all of that is a VERY distant memory and I am still enjoying the results of plastics every single day. It's sort of like WLS itself. It's VERY rough going in the beginning, but once you are through the hard part and just enjoying your life, it is SO worth it!

I lost about 160# post sleeve (more like 170-180 from lifetime high) so had skin!

I had a lower body lift, arm lift, breast lift/small implants and a "small" thigh lift. My thighs would be alot better had i gone with the "long" thigh lift but it is wonderful not having the scars there. My lower body lift and arms frankly made the most difference but i love all my results! I was so scared of the scars on my arms, but that skin reduction changed my "whole look" and I proudly go sleeveless all the time. Love it

post-122684-0-32299900-1429540450_thumb.jpg

@@bayougirlmrsc you have made a wonderful transformation my love! do I understand correctly that all you had was a Tummy Tuck? if so, wow, you were blessed with a great figure. your thighs and breasts look awesome!!!

@@JamieLogical do you know if Cardenas lipos the fat that is inside the body cavity, the intra abdominal fat, or just the sub q fat? I ask because many of these surgeons outside the US are very aggressive with Lipo and are allowed to remove more than what surgeons are in the US (I am not saying that is a good thing). Its just that some of the numbers of liters of fat that I am seeing be removed from people who don't appear to have that much excess fat makes me wonder if the are going intra abdominal. I've always been curious about that.

I know a patient who went to Columbia and had 5 liters of fat removed from his abdo when in the US the surgeons told him that he would get only minimal improvement with a tummy tuck/LBL because he was not that bad. I kept wondering where in the world they got 5 liters of fat out of him.

Thanks!

@@CowgirlJane this is the first time I've really seen a good pic of your face. Wow, you look very young!!! Such a nice transformation inside and out!!! Love you cute flat tummy!

@@gowalking I waited 10yrs after WLS to have my plastics because I was afraid. Ah, going through the surgery was really rough emotionally BUT not only is the body I got out of it so worth it, but also it has made me a far stronger and better person emotionally and spiritually. So it allowed me the opportunity to transform mind-body-spirit, and I am!

To anyone who is on the fence like I was, I say go for your dreams! Check out this article that I wrote on BariatricPal about No Fear, No Regrets: http://www.bariatricpal.com/page/articles.html/_/support/no-fear-no-regrets-r481

@@JamieLogical do you know if Cardenas lipos the fat that is inside the body cavity, the intra abdominal fat, or just the sub q fat? I ask because many of these surgeons outside the US are very aggressive with Lipo and are allowed to remove more than what surgeons are in the US (I am not saying that is a good thing). Its just that some of the numbers of liters of fat that I am seeing be removed from people who don't appear to have that much excess fat makes me wonder if the are going intra abdominal. I've always been curious about that.

I know a patient who went to Columbia and had 5 liters of fat removed from his abdo when in the US the surgeons told him that he would get only minimal improvement with a tummy tuck/LBL because he was not that bad. I kept wondering where in the world they got 5 liters of fat out of him.

Thanks!

I honestly don't know 100%, but I don't think she does, or didn't in my cast at least. I still had plenty of fat to lipo from all over my body, especially my legs. I had lipo from my upper and lower back, flanks, stomach, inner and outer thighs, inner knees, and calves. So there was plenty of fat to work with for my fat grafting. What would be the point of lipo-ing the intra abdominal fat? It wouldn't really affect the way you look, right?

I had zero liposuction. I heard that is more painful than the rather extensive skin removal I had - is that true?

I feel younger - but i could use some face injections to bolster up those hollowing eyes. Those photos were from last summer and i feel like i look older since then due to the bags under the eyes.

I had zero liposuction. I heard that is more painful than the rather extensive skin removal I had - is that true?

The lipo-suction just causes bruising all over, so that's what it feels like. Imagine you whacked yourself on something and it left a bruise that was tender to the touch. That's what my liposuctioned areas felt like. It took several weeks for the bruising to go away completely. For me, the muscle repair of my Tummy Tuck was BY FAR the most painful part of the whole thing.

@@My Bariatric Life.... Thank you so much for the compliment. I am in aww with your transformation. Yes, all i had was the TT. I worked really hard at the gym. At first i was really bummed that i was loosing slowly, now in hind-site... Im happy for it. I truly believe that losing it slowly helped with the skin going back better. But that's just my theory. I was also lucky that with both my babies i didn't get stretch marks on my upper stomach. All were down in the pubic area. i do have some on my upper thighs, but after a good tan, they are not that noticeable.

I would really love a reduction. I know i should be happy that mine didn't deflate like a lot of people, but they are sooo large i look like Dolly Parton... hehe I don't have pain, but that's because i get properly fitted for bras and i know this is key (i have always had large breast). My PS has a huge party at the end of the year for all his patients (if you want to go), most everyone there thought i had had breast implants because they are so large. I said nope... this is what God had made. hehe

When i get the extra money.... im going in for that and little Lipo on the inner and outer. I wanted that with the TT, but my PS said i didn't need it.

@CowgirlJane.... Great job.... you look so happy

@@JamieLogical well if you have a lot of visceral fat like me it can change your appearance and your health. There is not any excess fat on my abdomen and yet I still have a high fat to lean tissue ratio, as well my waist is thick. That is because I have intra abdominal fat. As far as I know it cannot be removed through liposuction.

@@My Bariatric Life.... My insurance won't pay. I have already been turned down twice. :-( Had i knew then what i know now i would have had it at the same time as the TT. But so many people said how "painful" the TT was and i back out... :-( But we live and learn... My TT was pretty pain-free... I slept in my recliner the first week, started walking as soon as i could and was back at work with in two weeks. But then again, im no stranger to surgery. 2 c-sections, gallbladder, hysterectomy, WLS... i also have a high tolerance for pain...thank god