Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am looking for anyone who has been through the kaiser eval. Who knows how long it took after the 6 months before they told you if you were approved. I also would like to know how long did you wait for surgery date. I am in Virginia by the way.

Thank You

I have kaiser and hade my surgery 07/17 , have you started your classes?

I started my first class feb 19 and I have been doing everything they asked me. I have been to 2 classes and my 1st consult. I have been to the support group and also have had all test needed to be approved for surgery. I have found out I have sleep apnea and high blood pressure. You have surgery already? Or you will have it 7/17/2015? How long after finishing your six months did you find out that you were approved. Did you lose the 3%.

I never had to lose a lb before surgery!! I am shocked there asking you to do that ! It's a lot of pressure, how are you doing with that? Yes I had my surgery I was very scared thought I'd wake up in pain ect ect but I did though I was sick to my stomach and could not get Water down but I jump right out of bed and started walking cause I wanted to get home asap I ended up two night in the hospital not too bad but I can't sleep in hospital and the bed was too small I was a big girl!! The 1 st 2 weeks was difficult cause it was clear liquid but after that it just became a habit. Dont be surprise if you can't eat more then 100 cals a day it's ok at this point you should be getting as much water as possible you don't want to go back in to hospital with dehydration!!

I am on Kaiser and just had surgery 4.15.15, although it seems like each region is different. My only wait after finishing classes was for those ahead of me to get scheduled - about 9 months overall from orientation to surgery.

Good luck!

I was lucky only had to finish classes then was. Scheduled For surgery but I had it in summer and my surgeon took time off for vacation so it was a bit of a wait

I have been losing like they want.I will not be done with my final class until july so I have some time before I get any where close to surgery. Thats good that you did not have to worry about it. I feel that I am overly concerned that I may be turned down. Not for any particular reason but just because that is an option. I know it's going to be amazing to feel healthy. Im so eager.@@zelmo2001

Thats Awesome!!! Congrats! I am so excited. I research and look into EVERYTHING lol. I am in Virginia where are you? I had to get all these test done and im completely done with them now it just waiting to get the rest of these nutrition classes and follow ups done. Thank you for your response.@@butterfly23

Wow really? Thats great! What state are you in? I hope mine goes fast. I just want to know if i am approved or not. I think I can wait for the surgery its not knowing if I get approved that bothers me. It feel too good to be true :)

Our classes where every Wednesday for 5 weeks on the six week was our talk about surgery before the six weeks were up we had all had our pre up with our surgeon or at least an appointment in place some of us at the end of the six week had there surgery dates in place if I remember correctly one was even going in the next week . Don't worry I lost 20 lbs on the liver shrinking diet

WOW I wish it was like that now. It's a 6 month program in Virginia. We had to go to a surgery seminar, as well as every month a class, which can be nutrition class, weight management, follow ups were we weigh in and consults. We have to track everything we eat and bring it to the followups so they know were are doing what they ask. As well as all the test, h pylori, blood work, EGD, sleep study, psych eval, but thankfully I have done all of those. I found out I have sleep apnea and now I am sleeping with a CPAP machine :( lol and I have high blood pressure. So its quite the process now.

I wonder if it's different state by star!! Cause it's only been 9 months for me

@@brittneywlsj Your requirements sound very much like mine. I'm Kaiser Southern CA (San Diego). My requirements are 6 months of classes (24 classes once a week) and we're supposed to lose 10 percent of our pre op weight. It's very strange how different the Kaiser requirements are as all other areas of Southern CA and all of Northern CA only require 12 weeks (from what I've heard).

This week will be class #21 of 24 so I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but I can truthfully say the time has flown by. I started classes in November 2014 and will end in May 2015. Before class we had to attend two Kaiser seminars on weight mgmt and WLS. Our pre op labs consisted of blood draws, EKG, urinalysis, and H Pylori stool sample. Here the surgery is contracted out to Pacific Bariatric and the actual surgery is done at Scripps Mercy. We were also required to attend a seminar at Pacific Bariatric too.

After graduation we'll be called for a stress test, and another blood draw. Then the final approval is given or denied. After approval Pacific Bariatric calls you for the 3 in 1 day appt (psych, internist, and surgical consult), and then you finally get your surgery date. I expect mine to be this summer. At the beginning we were told the whole process takes about 9 months and that's been pretty accurate.

Good luck!

Very sad there is no need for 24 classes 6 was plenty for us,I did have to have a psych appointment one at the beginning and one ate the end, the phych office was right across the street from the best French pastry shop in Denver!!! I told the dr he needed to move cause it's like having an aa meeting next to the liquor store!!! Then we had blood work and ekg but if I remember right that was it ...my advice is do everything they tell you to do it is so worth it!!

I am kaiser southern California west la we only had 12 weeks of classes n psych eval and wait for the consult with the surgeon. Whole process was pretty fast i have my date already.