Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a fill yesterday and I'm not sure if my band is too tight. I can't hardly eat and when I drink it feels like it's sitting ontop of the band Andy chest kinda hurts? I thought maybe I wasn't chewing good enough but liquid is feeling funny? I can feel it like going down but I have to drink really slow and my chest is kinda sore feeling. Dunno if it's from getting my fill yesterday or if it's too tight

It is possible. I had a fill a week ago and feel a lot more restriction but I can definitely get food and liquid through it.

I usually have to have liquid for 24 hours and soft food for a couple of days after a fill - could that be the issue??

Either way, you should definitely make contact with your clinic and perhaps go back and see them - if you don't think it's right, do the right thing by you.

Good luck.

I have a appointment at 8:50am tomorrow.. My chest hurts and it hurts to drink Water. Also fills like I have something stuck in my throat constantly. I would rather have a 1/2cc removed and be on the daft side

Being a old pro at this and the fact I waited so long to get a unfill caused me to have problems. it is normal to feel tight but not normal to have pain in your chest. that is usually indicating that the Fluid or food is backing up into your esophagus and that your esophagus is spasming I think you are doing the right thing siding with caution.

Definitely too tight. Try the trick my doctor always used. After a full, before leaving the office, not only drink Water but also try eating a thick, smooth yoghurt. If you can eat half the pot and feel it went down without probiem, you are probably ok.

my dr. always makes me drink a large glass of Water before leaving... but, that being said, i have had time when it just feel tighter than other... for no apparent reason. More so during the winter months. I don't know why.

I went to long being too tight. i went get 1cc out and i feel much better.

your doing the right thing.

Thank you all for your comments!! I hurts my chest to even drink Water. I also have to drink water before I leave but I did drink it and it felt tight but I thought it was suppose to be a little tighter. But this is uncomfortable. The only time I feel ok is in the morning when I haven't drank or are anything.. My chest un comfort is still present so I'm going to see if he will just take out a 1/2cc cause he put 1cc in. ????

I have twice gone for tiny unfills and see this as part of nuancing the band to get it just right. The adjustable part of the adjustable LapBand system! Best wishes to you. Keeping in close touch with our medical professionals is where it's at.

Thanks for all the support. But I went in today and was told my port is shifting and it's sideways. :-'(

This will be my 2nd port revision and I'm not happy about it!

He is going to put some mesh in there to keep it in place. Ugh to top it off my band is to tight and I can't eat solid foods, and can barley get liquid down. Ugh.. Surgery at 9am tomorrow to fix it. I told him if anything else happens it's coming out

My experience with my band was that it needed to be REALLY tight or it didn't work at all. The way the band works it that you are forced to eat tiny amounts, otherwise you will overeat and gain weight. A band won't work if it's comfortable!

Also, ask if you can get your band adjustment without a fluoroscopy. A fluoroscopy is the equivalent to dozens (hundreds?) of chest X-Rays, so be careful of the radiation you are getting exposed to.

Hi Christine Z:

When I have a fill I have to have liquids and soft foods for 48 hours afterward - of course small sips are important - I just keep it trickling most of the time - If you don't chew enough or eat too fast it will hurt and you may lose it all toghether.

Craftlady77