Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When does the weight loss start?

There is evidence out there that we can only absorb 10-20g Protein in an hour (depending on the source) Any excess is converted to glucose. So if you are drinking that morning shake in a short period of time you may be short changing your Protein requirements, and basically drinking a "glucose shake".

Like others said, there are a lot of healthy food choices out there and we have a very short period of time to develop the new habits required for a lifetime of keeping weight off. In those first few months I ate only healthy, whole food..... tuna, fish, chicken breast, shrimp, ground beef, crab meat, edamame, refried Beans, Greek yogurt, peaches, mangos, broccoli, spinach, green Beans, 10 grain Cereal, cheese, cottage cheese, homemade elk Jerky, mixed nuts, pumpkin seeds, Brussel sprouts, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. Never had any fried or breaded food or "white carbs" like potatoes, rice, Pasta or bread. Other than my Protein shakes I stayed away from artificial sweeteners or anything processed.

Not only did this help me retrain how I ate, it gave my body the opportunity to detox from all the processed food I'd been living on. You'll be surprised what your new cravings may be after you get all the crap out of your body.

I agree with Kindle. Also, if you talk with your NUT about the issues you are having, he or she should be able to help you with ideas that would be workable for you.

9 weeks post op.

Just got back off vacation.

I learned that I cannot eat shrimp anymore. I ate it twice at two different restaurants and puked up the soles of my feet both times.

I managed to gain 4 pounds. I'm hoping they fall off as quickly and easily as they jumped on.

My big problem right now is that I'm dizzy a lot. For the first time since I was a teen, I get super dizzy when I stand up from a chair.

Anyway.. 'Till next week.

9 weeks post op.

Just got back off vacation.

I learned that I cannot eat shrimp anymore. I ate it twice at two different restaurants and puked up the soles of my feet both times.

I managed to gain 4 pounds. I'm hoping they fall off as quickly and easily as they jumped on.

My big problem right now is that I'm dizzy a lot. For the first time since I was a teen, I get super dizzy when I stand up from a chair.

Anyway.. 'Till next week.

I found myself getting dizzy when getting up quickly from a chair or the floor. A co-worker suggested that it might be LOW blood pressure and asked if I was on BP pills. My doctor agreed and took me off the pills. That was just a few days ago, but I think it's getting better. I haven't noticed it as much in the past few days. Good luck!

10 weeks post op.

I started out at 355.

On the day of my surgery, I was 319 thanks to my pre-op diet.

Today I am 296.

It seems like I go three or four days then suddenly drop a pound to a pound and a half on the fourth day.

I'm still learning this new body. I still puke at least once a week. Everything I eat gives me horrible gas.

One day at a time.

At 11 months, I'm currently at 284, down from 355. Not the fantastic results that some have gotten, but I feel much better about life. At my lowest I was 268. That was about 7 or 8 months post-OP. Then, as it always has, my body corrected and it's been a slow, steady gain ever since.

I'd do it again. I may go have the rest of the bypass done (I had sleeve only) just to see if I can get another season of loss.

At 11 months, I'm currently at 284, down from 355. Not the fantastic results that some have gotten, but I feel much better about life. At my lowest I was 268. That was about 7 or 8 months post-OP. Then, as it always has, my body corrected and it's been a slow, steady gain ever since.

I'd do it again. I may go have the rest of the bypass done (I had sleeve only) just to see if I can get another season of loss.

Glad you checked back in. I'm sorry you are still somewhat disappointed with your losses. Can you give us a picture of what you are eating now and what your activity level is like? You mentioned that you got down to 268 and then started regaining. Did anything change in your diet or activity level at that point?

I started just a little higher than you. I have lost 101 lbs in about 6.5 months. I keep my calories between 750 and 850 and I have about 90 grams of Protein a day and less than 30 net carbs.