Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was not easy at all ;( couldn't get any fluids in and felt sick because of it and at some point just started to cry is only been 9 days and I felt guilty but I pry that tomorrow will be a Better day.

Yes, it will get better. When was your surgery? Try using Water Enhancer drops in your Water, and make that water room temperature to help it go down easier. If you just had the surgery, remember your tummy is NOT happy right now, and it will NOT appreciate cold water when you haven't had anything in it for awhile (like overnight). Kinda like someone throwing cold water on your face before you are awake! Let us know how you do, and have a better day tomorrow!

It was 3/23. And yeah I just drank a Protein ready shake and gave me enough energy to take a shower and hope for a better tomorrow

Thanks for all the kind words

Time to baby yourself a little! Take some time to treat yourself to plans for the future; maybe shop the catalogs for new outfits (you don't have to buy now, just plan!), start a new hobby, invest in some really soft fleecy sheets....just give yourself a treat that you don't eat! Have fun with it!

I have have my period and that might have my hormones going crazy too and feel fatigue from it so Is not helping either and it could be a big part of why today was a hard day

I'll see if I can check things out :)

Thanks

Sorry that's stinks! I promise it really will get better you just have to get through the healing. It won't be like this for long. :)

Sorry that's stinks! I promise it really will get better you just have to get through the healing. It won't be like this for long. :)

couldn't get fluids - felt sick - started to cry - only been 9 days

@@agalindo17

sorry you had a rough day :(

first few days PO can be hard :(

new little tummy might be rebelling right now

saying stuff like, "what have you done to me?" :mellow:

"I" am hurting :angry:

YOU know you just had major/life changing surgery

try and explain it to your unhappy tummy :wacko:

"it" will come around

feel better, so will you :)

many people do drink room temp Water

or chrystal light

maybe one of those will go down easier :)

tears are fine

let your emotions out :rolleyes:

hopefully that will make you feel better :)

here is a new box of kleenex

in a couple of days, you might not need any more :)

you are on your way to a healthier, happier, longer life :)

who deserves it more? :)

good luck

speedy recovery :rolleyes:

kathy

It will get better, just give it time. Don't feel guilty, you'll get it! Everybody has a different formula that works for them, everybody has to figure it out, you will too :-)

Dehydration can cause lots of bad stuff for us after surgery. It cause nausea.. vomitting.. headaches.. fatigue. Severe tiredness.. I have had same problem. sugar free Popsicles are a God send. If you feel thirsty and hare have problems with fluids.. eat these.. you can it as many as you like. It surely has helped me. Smells even bother me. I also have been emotional... this is a hard journey.. and I never imagined it would be this hard.. lots of tears since my surgery 7 weeks ago... Feb 9th. Stay strong.. blessings to all of you. ☺

@@tfisher thank you!! I'll try that today woke up so tired too don't want to end up in the ER

Hi I'm almost 6 weeks post op I too felt awful for a few weeks weak and shaky and everything tasted awful etc it does get better just a few days ago I was able to drink Water with ice and it tasted awesome lol for a while it tasted like metal eww I was allowed to water down baby fruit juice half and half that helped a lot some flavored teabags helped broth etc warm drinks seemed easier for the first three weeks I also had to force myself to get up and do things small chores walking around house etc for a few mins at a time gradually working up to longer amounts of time it really kicked my butt as I'm not used to sitting or lying around and feeling like I wanted to sleep 20 hours a day but it did get better I hope u feel better soon

Today was the same ;( I feel like I want to cry I just want this feeling to go away and be able to drink what I need to

Thanks for all the support guys!!

I too am finding my emotions to be a bit of a surprise. My surgery was 3/18/15 and after 2 weeks I went back to work. I work retail so I'm on my feet all day. It can be an exhausting job. My coworkers have been great and the owners have provided me with a stool to rest as often as I need. However, after 3 days back to work I completely fell apart. Tears, no energy, fell asleep at the drop of a hat, felt feverish, and basically felt like a failure.

I didn't go to work, and spent an entire day beating myself for being so weak. However, the next day I realized that I was still getting all my Protein and liquids, I was still losing weight, and I had many sources of support (including reading these boards obsessively). It was a sunny warm day, so my teenage daughter took me on a slow, long walk. I don't know why I reacted so severely to being tired for just one day, but the next day was different, and I focused on all the positive things that I could think of, and very deliberately forced all the negative thoughts aside.

Thanks for sharing that I'm not alone in having some really bad days.

They pass.

We have chosen a positive path to help ourselves enjoy a longer live.

We are our own heroes.

I had surgery last Monday 3/30/15. It takes everything I have I me to just take a quick shower, then so shaky for about an hour later I just flop across the bed. How long does this part last? And my taste buds change daily. Ugg.