Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it just me or what?

So I have been either at or below my goal for nearly a month. For the last three days I have ate just like I did when I was losing weight. I don't know if it's just me or what. My weight will fluctuate anywhere from losing a,little gaining a little staying the same usually day by day. The last three days I have increased, just tiny amounts .2, .4 etc. but even this amount scares me. I feel fat. I am 5'9 and 143. My clothes don't fit any different. I think it's my head. But I also don't think I should gain (even tiny amounts) for three days in a row.s. Does anyone else struggle with this? If my weight increases tomorrow I may freak out. I am very careful not to graze and make sure I get all my Water and Protein in. I guess I just want to know if anyone goes through this same thing.

Remember, different foods you eat contain different amounts of sodium, which may cause you to retain Water (which tends to weigh ALOT!). So don't be surprised to see the scale adjusting accordingly. Like you said, they are minor amounts. Try not to weigh yourself so often, maybe try for once a week. The way your clothes fit should tell you a lot, also. And use a measuring tape to start taking measurements weekly. All of this should help. If you are following your plan, you should be fine, but IF you have questions, call your surgical team and ask about maintaining your weight now that you are at goal. They probably have a plan that will work for you. Good luck and great job getting to goal!!!

I do the same its the sodium and hormones

This is why some of us only weigh once or twice a week. You could go insane trying to figure it out.

~LA

I don't know if you are a woman, but we often pick up Water weight in the week leading up to our periods, and it doesn't flush out until our period actually starts. I will gain 2-3 pounds overnight (after spending the day desperately thirsty and drinking a ton) and then a week later, my period will start and those 2-3 pounds will then disappear overnight - I'll wake up 2-3 times a night to pee! oh, and I will only weigh myself first thing in the morning, right after I pee, before I drink anything. once I've started eating and drinking for the day, I can't get a consistent weight measurement.

Being a chick really sucks sometimes.

I don't know if you are a woman, but we often pick up Water weight in the week leading up to our periods, and it doesn't flush out until our period actually starts. I will gain 2-3 pounds overnight (after spending the day desperately thirsty and drinking a ton) and then a week later, my period will start and those 2-3 pounds will then disappear overnight - I'll wake up 2-3 times a night to pee! oh, and I will only weigh myself first thing in the morning, right after I pee, before I drink anything. once I've started eating and drinking for the day, I can't get a consistent weight measurement.

Being a chick really sucks sometimes.

I am menopausal so I don't get that. I remember when I used to though and it stinks. Thanks for the advice it very well,could be Water. I certainly know it's not fat because I eat correctly. But I am sure it's a mind game. I feel if I don't keep a good handle on it everyday (the weighing in) that I will lose control and regain. So for right now I have to keep close tabs on it to keep myself honest. NOT WEIGHING everyday would drive me crazy thinking I am gaining. As of this morning I dropped 1.7 pounds so it was obviously water weight. I need to learn to chill out!

I just thought about this, and I think your activities for the day are playing a role in this, as well. For example, if you did a lot of physical stuff, you will require more Water, and maybe have a larger appetite. If you just sit on the couch all day, you may not drink as much Fluid, but maybe have more snacks(?). All these things contribute to what we weigh, from one minute to the next. Such a mystery, such a puzzle.... I'm for the "I am now at goal, so STAY THAT WAY" theory...anyone with me?!

Choose one day of the week for weigh day and stick to it. You are stressing over .2 and .4 weight gain. Think about it, is it really that significant? Unless you are weighing naked the weight difference could be your clothing. If you weigh after your shower it could be wet hair. It could be your scale.

I hope you can stop stressing. Stress makes you make poor choices that leads to weight gain.

I weigh at the same time everyday immediately when I get out of bed in the same pajamas. Lol. I will even change the pjs to the weigh in ones. Lol. I am

Very meticulous. Oh on the same scale in the same

Place on the floor. I posted in haste. I know I was sticking to my plan. I after my surgery I never stalled nor did I ever gain only stayed the same once in 7 months. So the Water gain could have been that my PCP told me I had to add more salt to my diet because my BP runs low. Not

Confident enough to weigh once a week yet. Maybe in time. But I am

Going to work on not stressing.