Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My name is Haley. I'm 19 years old and I got the vertical sleeve gastrectomy on October 22. My surgeon was Dr. Boorse at the Lehigh Valley Hospital in Pennsylvania. I choose to get the surgery because I have dealt with my weight all my life. I tried taking diet pills, did weight watchers and so on. But I always seemed to gain the weight back. What really hit me and made me choose to get the surgery would be my doctor telling me I was at a high risk for a heart attack. It made me think do I want to have a heart attack at the age of 19? So from then on I decided to change my life to a healthier life style than what I was use to. My highest weight was 265 pounds. The day of surgery I weighed in at 245 and as of today I weigh 180 pounds.

@@hcruz Welcome and congrats on your progress!

congrats on your progress.. Keep up the amazing work

Great job on your progress!!! I got sleeved on January 7 but ran into complications. I started at 225 when I went in but am down to 204 now, after 2 months of TPN. The way I look at it, I am really starting my journey as of Saturday when I was able to eat my first meal since New Year's eve.

I haven't had the surgery yet. I am in the process of going through the program. I have been to 2 classes and I have my first drs. appt with the surgeon on april 10th. You will be very welcomed here, I know I have in the short amount of time I have been on this site

Thank you to all. I needed a support group for after surgery. To know what I'm going through maybe others are going through as well. What were your complications?