Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks post op. I'm feeling terrible, well I feel fine, my bottom, not so much. Feel like someone shoved a cactus up my arse.

Started yesterday around 8pm. Felt the urge to go the bathroom #2. Well only thing came out was diarrhea. Still continued to feel pressure in my bottom but again only diarrhea came out. Did I mention TMI. This literally continue from 8pm until 5am. Every half hour I had to run to the bathroom. I soaked in the tub for half hour around 3am I couldn't take the pain in my bum anymore. Around 5am I did manage to get 2 hours of sleep. Took kids to school and came home and used the toilet again (same crap-literally) and managed to sleep for 2 hours but woke up again with urge to go.

So my butt has been through the ringer to say the least! I still feel pressure but not quite as bad. Still having to run to the toilet but not explosive as before. :/

I did call my nurse this am and she said to take some maralax (I had some this am) and to use preparation h for what I'm sure is a crap load of hemorrhoids at this point. (I also took a stool softener before bed last night). Nurse says its sounds like I have a "plug" aka poop plug and the soft poop is coming out around it. (Did I mention TMI?!). If the maralax doesn't work in the next day or so I have to go in to ER and get it removed by hand. :/ I really don't want that (although at this point I will pretty much do about anything for relief). Help. Any other suggestions? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Also I'm trying to push my fluids like no other!

honestly before i would go in for a manual disimpaction, i would try a fleet enema. Have someone who cares administer it if you can not do so on your own, , ther is a old saying hard hot and hellofa lot, basically squeeze that enema bottle hard make sure its as hot as you can stand ( do not burn yourself!) and lube it up well the tip that is, trust me, its the way to go. Miralax can take days to work and doesnt work too well on very hard stools.

good luck.

(this is not medical advice nor is it intended to be such, it is not intended to treat any symptoms, diseases or conditions, and I in know way replace the advice of your own medical personnel.) ;-)

Can you learn to love prune juice real quick?

I had a problem with having a bowl movement. After three days, I purchased a fleet enema. It worked and I now feel much better. I'm about a month and a half post-op.

Good luck!!

No, it;s the same thing...Fleet (I believe) is just a brand.

The magnesium citrate will go through you as if you were prepping for a colonoscopy. BE CAREFUL taking that and don't plan to leave the house/bathroom for quite a few hours if you do take it!

Thanks Steve. I may give that a try.

Any thoughts on magnesium citrate? Just picked a bottle of that up.

DO NOT USE THAT! It will only give you more diarrhea and possibly a lot of cramping as well. The enema is the way to go. If you have an impaction you need to break that up so that you can pass it. The alternative is manual removal.

And not once you are beyond or pass this and are more comfortable try adding a stool softner. I had issues soon after surgery and seem to come and go. I had a major health/mobility set back which required me to take pain meds. I take 2 stool softner a daily to prevent any issues in the "end" . Hope everything works out for you so that you are feint better.

Thanks Steve. I may give that a try.

Any thoughts on magnesium citrate? Just picked a bottle of that up.

DO NOT USE THAT! It will only give you more diarrhea and possibly a lot of cramping as well. The enema is the way to go. If you have an impaction you need to break that up so that you can pass it. The alternative is manual removal.

Ok I will stay far away from that. :) thanks!

@@Riz2006 so updates??

@@Riz2006 so updates??

So still having the issue. Way less diarrhea (probably 3-4x/day) and not to have TMI but it's not all watery persay but it's very soft but still feel pressure and have an urge to go with very little coming out. And it's an urge... I mean I pretty much run! I did do an enema, drank some m of m, taking marilax, sitz bath. Still no solid poop but maybe I'm expecting too much? I did go in yesterday for blood work and give urine sample. Dr office is closed today but I was able to see my results online and all my numbers seemed to be in the normal range. I have zero pain(more pressure then pain) other then in my butt. I know I have hemorrhoids so I'm wondering if that is my pressure feeling? I was reading online and it (butt pressure) can be brought on by anxiety which I have horribly. It almost seems if I'm busy I don't notice it. I'm going to go back on my anxiety meds and see if that helps. Going to try to start back on some mushies (I have been on them for a week but haven't eaten any bc I didn't want to get backed up more) to see if that helps with the loose stool. I'm going to call Monday and insist on X-ray or u/s if I'm not better. And maybe this is all a "normal" feeling after surgery?? Don't know. Just frustrated! I felt like my old self (minus the 42lbs) last week and just want to feel like that again!