Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so damn frustrated today. I've been doing my pre-op diet since Wednesday. I have been following it to a tee. I'm only down 3 friggin pounds. (Down 5 gained 2)

I'm looking at my kids food and asking myself "why am I starving myself if the outcome isn't going to be great"

I know that the liquid diet is suppose to shrink the liver and aide in weight loss but I'm not seeing much of it.

I'm soo upset and I've been busting my butt.

This may be the wrong place to post this, if so I'm sorry.

It's only been 4 days :) you may not drop a bunch of weight but it's ok you will shrink your liver and have a safe surgery. The weight will come off after and it won't be near as hard (hopefully)

It's only been 4 days :) you may not drop a bunch of weight but it's ok you will shrink your liver and have a safe surgery. The weight will come off after and it won't be near as hard (hopefully)

Thank you!

I just want to bang my head against the wall.

Yes I want to lose weight but I want to have a safe surgery n I want to have the surgery. I've heard many stories of the surgeons not completing due to failure to comply with the pre-op diet.

????????

The first few days of the pre-op are the hardest...hang in there. I remember snapping at my son on day 3 and then said, "I'm sorry, buddy. I'm really struggling here. I'm hungry, I don't feel good." It's hard - it's really hard.

BUT, it will be worth it. Don't let this derail you.

I drank tons of Decaf green tea - it helped with the hunger.

You got this! It will be over soon.

The first few days of the pre-op are the hardest...hang in there. I remember snapping at my son on day 3 and then said, "I'm sorry, buddy. I'm really struggling here. I'm hungry, I don't feel good." It's hard - it's really hard.

BUT, it will be worth it. Don't let this derail you.

I drank tons of Decaf green tea - it helped with the hunger.

You got this! It will be over soon.

Thank you so much. I am counting these days down for sure.

hang in there! it's soo worth it. your mind will have ya thinking all kinds of things..focus! your knew life is soo close! its tough but manageable...:)

I am on my pre-opt diet too, i am grouchy too :) I keep praying for strength!

I am on my pre-opt diet too, i am grouchy too :) I keep praying for strength!

What are the specifics to ur pre-op diet?

I start a week of liquids pre-op tomorrow. I have down up to six weeks of liquids before so I hope I can manage this week

3 Protein low carb shakes under 900 calories a day, no caffeine. I can munch or carrots, celery, cucumber, Plus add berries, Peanut Butter, or mtc oil to my shakes. Drink lot of non carbonated beverage, including broth.

For me good quality chicken broth really helped me get through the liquid phase. The reality is you do get crabby, tired and I even got a little stupid(LOL). I swear my brain even got a little lethargic toward the end of my liquid diet. I was not allowed anything to eat besides the allowable liquids. Sf Jello was the only thing I was able to chew during that time and as you know it is not the most satisfying.

You will get through it, take it one day at a time and before you know it your surgery day will be here.

For me good quality chicken broth really helped me get through the liquid phase. The reality is you do get crabby, tired and I even got a little stupid(LOL). I swear my brain even got a little lethargic toward the end of my liquid diet. I was not allowed anything to eat besides the allowable liquids. Sf Jello was the only thing I was able to chew during that time and as you know it is not the most satisfying.

You will get through it, take it one day at a time and before you know it your surgery day will be here.

I'm going to restock my cabinets with broth today.

I had my mini melt down yesterday now I'm pulling myself together. Surgery is right around the corner is what I'm telling myself.

Thank u, I needed to read this this am.