Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before surgery I was a huge seltzer Water club soda drinker. It's been not even 2 weeks since surgery and my mouth literally waters when I see it. I want it so bad. All my paperwork says no carbonated beverages and long term to avoid it. Has anyone tried carbonated beverages?? How soon after surgery? I've asked my surgeon he just says no. I go in Monday and will ask him more specifically no permanently or just right now.

2 years into this thing and I cannot manage carbonation. I few sips is all. I can drink a Coke Slurpee from time to time but it's slow going. The bubbles make me feel too full

I was about 6 months before i tried a coke etc , i have to confess i am sucker for coke and i can handle it fine it does full you up but i wouldnt reccomend trying it only 2 weeks out :)

Thanks everyone!!! To know its a possibility in the future makes me happy. I figure it makes you full which is why they tell you NO at first. Hopefully Monday I go into the soft food stage. I'm

Jewish and tuna salad and egg salad I lived on pre surgery so I will at least feel somewhat normal and might not miss the fizz but I sure love the fizz in my drinks lol

Geez calm down , it is totally un realistic to think any of us are never ever going to eat or drink something "bad" again .. It comes down to choice .. I have approx 1 glass of coke a week and I am doing fine my dr and everyone is happy with my results and shock horror I have even had McDonald's and kfc once or twice since surgery

Of course it shouldn't be a regular thing but there is no need to go to postal on some one for asking a question

I must be missing something because the posts seemed pretty benign to me.

I am 9 weeks out and I have had the occasional (once a week?) diet ginger ale, first probably after 6 weeks, drunk over several hours and over ice. I know it's early but I went cautiously a little at a time.

But I seem to have and Iron stomach and have had no food issues at all so I Kay be different from other folks.

Just a thought and I know it's not the same, you could let the soda go flat if it's just the cola flavor you're after.

Thanks for everyone's advise and suggestions. I am a cherry coke person but have adapted. I drink Canada Dry raspberry seltzer Water and the fizz is what kills my craving for cherry coke. I don't drink pop often it's the seltzer water that is hard for me to give up. I go to surgeon 2m and will ask again about it lol. My mom had the full gastric bypass 7 years ago and eats and drinks what she wants. It's portioned controlled of course but she doesn't have trouble with salads fried foods ect carbonated beverages she lost over 140 lbs and kept it off so I do think with time proper proportions and exercise after surgery down the line fast food or not recommended food is ok in moderation.

If you're going to drink it, drink diet. Regular is a slippery slope, IMO.

I agree. I really try to stay away from pop period. The seltzer water really helps the cravings.

Geez calm down , it is totally un realistic to think any of us are never ever going to eat or drink something "bad" again .. It comes down to choice .. I have approx 1 glass of coke a week and I am doing fine my dr and everyone is happy with my results and shock horror I have even had McDonald's and kfc once or twice since surgery

Of course it shouldn't be a regular thing but there is no need to go to postal on some one for asking a question

Did I miss something in the thread??? (Geeez calm down...)

How far after surgery did u try KFC or McDonald's. I'm jw about everyone's healing and progress with time and such.

Did I miss something in the thread??? (Geeez calm down...)

How far after surgery did u try KFC or McDonald's. I'm jw about everyone's healing and progress with time and such.

It appears that someone deleted their posts.

I am almost two years out and I don't eat fast food. Again, a slippery slope. Plus, I can eat do little in capacity, I want it to taste good and be great quality. :)

@@SaraJay425 I was out of town shopping and didn't pack food. Everyone I was with wanted kfc. They have grilled chicken so I had a breast, pulled the skin off though, dipped the pieces of chicken in some gravy. Chicken and I don't get along well but the gravy helped it go down and stay down.

That was around 2 months out.

Edited by onmywaytobeingfound