Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why can't I just delete a post? Updated version...bought a new butt and it looks fantastic. I had a little freak-out over nothing a few days after surgery...all better. :)

Edited by AvaFern

I think it is way to soon to know. Honestly, I looked so thick after my lower body lift it scared me to death. It's been 7 months, and I still have swelling in my lower back. Most of that swelling is gone, so it looks WAY better. I'm sure the other thing to remember that even if it's not perfect, sometimes minor tweaking will get you to where you want to be.

Try not to stress - it will be OK, one way or another!

@MichiganChic Thank-you for your thoughts. :) I'm really hoping it's just swelling and I don't look like a fire hydrant forever now (short, square, and thick).

I think you will need to post a picture :) we can Vote on it!! I'm sure you look great!

At one point I was so disappointed that my breasts looked, but especially FELT so unnatural. My boyfriend said "oh no, they feel natural. You just forgot how young breasts feel but I HAVEN'T!" That was perfect and with the perspective of time I n ow know he was right, they turned out awesome.

Thing is, once the swelling goes down and your brain adjusts,I think you will have a more realistic view of yourself.

You must have looked at hundreds of before and after photos, are your results that far off?

@CowgirlJane You make a good point, I did look at a lot of butt pictures before surgery. I'm sure Google thinks I have a butt fetish at this point, but mine really doesn't look much different than the ones I showed the doctor. I think the swelling may be down a bit today, so it looks a little more like a butt and less like a weird hump on my back. Like you said, it will probably take some time to get used to it. I've always had a flat, slightly saggy butt, so to have a high, round, and hard butt is new. As of today, I'm feeling a little better about the results, which could possibly be because I've been off the Percocet for over 24 hours and might be back to my more rational self. I did try on some cute panties I bought after my abdominoplasty that never looked good on me, and wow, no wonder people like going lingerie shopping when they're thin. There's no more skin hanging out of the sides or anything pinching. I still look weirdly thick, but the scale has me back to a pound less than I was before surgery, so in theory I should be losing some of the swelling and not actually be as sausage-like as I feel like I look. :)

@@AvaFern ... Imma confess that last night you were pretty funny on those drugs.

Truly. ;)

I'm sure once the swelling goes down your new booty will be amazing! We will need pictures :)

I have found that photos really help me "get my head straight". I am getting a lot better ... alot better.. but i sometimes see my flaws rather than my beauty. Photos help me... I see things more objectively that way.

I also think that anyone who has lost enough weight to require these procedures need to have realistic expectations. Example, i will always have a little bit of back skin. I love slim fitting/body con clothes and i always need to check the back fat (well it is skin but looks like fat) muffin top over the bra. It bothered me alot before but now I think "what a great problem to have" - I mean who would have ever guessed that i would be wearing those kind of clothes!!!

@@AvaFern wondering how your butt is coming along :)

@@Swampdoggie

My butt is doing much better, thank-you for asking! My doctor did a fabulous job. I actually look pretty much the same in clothing, but without clothing I look SO much better. I've never been able to wear cute lingerie because even when I was thin as an adult, I've always had a lot of flab on my bottom half. Everything now is so tight and high looking, that I actually look kinda good in thongs and frilly underthings. I should have had more faith in my doctor- he really is a fantastic surgeon. :)

A thong no less! Well good for you. There's nothing like feeling great in your own skin.

@@AvaFern how does your butt look now?

Edit: LOL - just saw your response. Glad you have a good butt :)

Edited by MichiganChic

Great news, @@AvaFern .

Still loved your OP and the thread title.

Best ever.