Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 post-op, starving

I am still on a clear liquid diet. My dr doesn't give me any Protein goals until next week. Including my clear liquid diet the day before surgery, I have only had Clear Liquids for 7 days now. I am hungry. It's not head hunger, it's stomach hurting hungry. I still have 3 days until I go for my first post-op checkup, and I don't know how I can make it 3 more days. Honestly the thought of pureed foods sounds so good to me right now, but I know I have at least another week for that. Any ideas how I can survive the next few days?

You may not think it is head hunger but it is. I also had the same on day 5 post op-thought I could eat a horse! Take some extra water...add flavoring or some bouillon. Hang in there!

I'm with @innwtitdtity. There may be a physical component to the hunger, but the way to master it is all in your head. It's important to fight this battle at this phase and win it, because it sets the stage for your next battle and the one after that. The next few weeks will really test your resolve at times, but you can do this!

That said, I think it's okay to push the boundaries, but not go all the way into the next phase. One thing that helped me a lot was to strain the food out of some good Soups and just drink the highly flavored broth. For example, Progresso chicken & Herb Dumpling Soup - with the chicken and dumplings strained out - was just about the best thing ever and kept me from losing my mind while waiting for the next phase.

Head hunger... It's a booger! It was really bad for me when I smelt food cooking. But it gets better and easier! You will get through it :) it will all be worth it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches