Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did people take off work for recovery?

I am a teacher and on Spring Break. I had my surgery last Tuesday and plan on going to a three hour training this Monday then back to work Tuesday. I feel pretty good but hope Im not pushing it.

Also, when were people walking 20-30 minutes?

I took 3 weeks off and been itching to go back to work. I had no complications or pain what so ever.

Walking. I go to the super market and walk every aisle every day. It usually takes me at least 20 mins. I also park my car far. That's how I get most of my walks. I also take my dog on long walks.

I was out 1 week.

I also had mine done on Spring Break (3/9/15) on a Monday and returned to work the following Monday. I had stomach soreness that felt like I had done 5 million crunches, but otherwise nothing dramatic pain wise. I was very easily able to go back to work on Monday.

I was able to start taking walks, outside of normal daily walking, by the end of that first week. The tiredness lingers for a few weeks but isn't debilitating if you one of the lucky ones that bounces back easily.

Edited by liannatx

Well everyone is different but I had my surgery on a Monday and went back to work on the following Monday. I was a tiny bit sore but I felt fine otherwise. Just made sure I did not over do anything and tried to drink all day long! Good luck. Do what your body is telling you to do!

I took 2 weeks, but going to see if I can return after 11 days.

One week for me.

2 weeks

2 weeks for me and the 3rd week at 3/4 time back. But I still needed the occasional day for the next 2 weeks. Not for the pain, but for the tired.

I had surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work on Monday.

I had surgery on a Friday and was back to work (I'm a vet tech) the next Friday. I was walking 20-30 min (or more) starting the day after surgery....put a couple miles in, actually. Drove myself home from the airport 3 days postop. I could have driven the day after as well, but I was in TJ and used the OCC and Marriott shuttles and a taxi to get around.

I drove short distances the first week. But I didn't have anywhere far to go either

I think you can drive as soon as you aren't taking any pain meds. Not 100% sure, maybe someone else will chime in on that.

I was never given any driving restrictions but I was also never on pain meds after surgery day. You may check with your surgeon.