Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can fluids get stuck #5dayspostop

describe what you mean. How far out are you?

No they shouldn't If fluids are stuck then your stomach would have to be completely swollen shut and they wouldn't get stuck they would come back up or slowly drain through. It may be hard to get them down though.

Edited by Elode

If you drink too fast it can feel like there is a lump in your chest. There isn't you're just drinking too fast for your still healing tummy. Sip sssssslllllllooooowwwwlllllyyyyyy.

In my first few days/weeks my stomach would cramp with even the tiniest sips and took a few minutes to go down into my stomach. Had to take my pain meds as prescribed and take miniscule sips. I had alot of internal swelling, maybe that's what's going on with you, it will get better

Thank you I am 6 days post op and it's getting a little better I can now drink Gatorade and I LOVE IT I am now still having problems getting my Protein in! But now it's all a mental thing!

Glad it's getting easier. Just stick with the G2 as far as the Gatorade, otherwise too much carbs/calories.

Maybe try Isopure Zero carb, that way you are getting Fluid and additional Protein.

Took me 18 months to get all my Protein, my NUT told me NO foods that were not a source of protein. Wasn't even allowed veggies till I could get all my protein. Missed salad the most, lol

There is Protein in nearly everything including vegetables. It doesn't make sense to eat NO vegetables. Even a small amount could help alleviate some of the Constipation so many sleevers seem to have.

There is Protein in nearly everything including vegetables. It doesn't make sense to eat NO vegetables. Even a small amount could help alleviate some of the Constipation so many sleevers seem to have.

Was prescribed Miralax & Colace for constipation.

Since I could only eat tiny portions, I was told to ONLY eat foods that were HIGH in Protein, to be able to hit my 80 gms per day. So even though most foods contain some protein, I had to concentrate on the highest sources. There are many schools of thought, but that is what my NUT/Dr. recommended.

The daily multi-Vitamin provides missing nutrients from not eating any veggies

I will hit 80 gms of Protein today eating not one single piece of animal flesh. I do not need colace or miralax and have never had an issue with Constipation. Like most sleevers, I take supplements & Vitamins, but I get most of my nutrients from natural, plant based foods.

I am not saying that everyone has to be or should be a vegetarian. I am saying that avoiding ALL vegetables, not just starchy ones is not a good idea. I have no respect for nutritionist who advocate such a thing. Thankfully I have a nutritionist that is willing to work with me and is open to the concept of plant based diets.

I will hit 80 gms of Protein today eating not one single piece of animal flesh. I do not need colace or miralax and have never had an issue with Constipation. Like most sleevers, I take supplements & Vitamins, but I get most of my nutrients from natural, plant based foods.

I am not saying that everyone has to be or should be a vegetarian. I am saying that avoiding ALL vegetables, not just starchy ones is not a good idea. I have no respect for nutritionist who advocate such a thing. Thankfully I have a nutritionist that is willing to work with me and is open to the concept of plant based diets.

It wasn't a long term thing, only until I could get in more volume

I understand that. What I am saying is there is no reason to run away from vegetables. I was incorporating spinach into my Protein Drinks from week postop.

If I had added veggies, I would've been even further under my Protein goals. Some people can handle more volume than others. I had a lot of swelling, so really had a hard time getting more than 2-3 oz at a time, whether liquid or solid.

I still only eat ¼ to ½ cup of anything at a time except for Soup. That is 2 - 4 ounces.